(Closed) 30-something DW Brides

posted 7 years ago in 30 Something
Post # 3
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Not a 30 something (almost 25 🙂 ) but we had a Destination Wedding on Sanibel Island, Florida last month! Loved it, it was our dream wedding! very small (only 5 guests!) with a reception when we got home!

Post # 4
1166 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Also not a 30-something (47 – not sure why it matters? :-), but we had a Destination Wedding in the Florida Keys in December. It was at this resort: http://www.coconutpalminn.com, in Tavernier (upper Keys, between Key Largo/Islamorada).

The experience was INCREDIBLE. The resort is small – 17 rooms; accommodates approximately 40-50 people (some are 2- and 3-bedroom apts.). They can host weddings up to 150 or 200, I believe. Ours was around 80 guests. There are several resorts at varying levels of luxury close by, so some guests stayed off-property while our immediate family, wedding party and closest friends were on-property. We were required to book the entire resort for at least 2 nights. (I don’t think they require this for very small weddings.) So basically, it was a multi-day private affair on a beach!

This particular resort specializes in weddings; they have one almost every weekend. They are AMAZING to work with – very laid back, let you do pretty much what you want, and are extremely helpful and accommodating. The property is beautiful, right on the bay (so you can see the sunsets). Site fee is very reasonable, especially in the off season.

See some photos below. If you’re interested in the Upper Keys, PM me. I have tons of info, including other resorts I researched in case your wedding is smaller/bigger. There are also a lot of private homes directly on the ocean you can rent for smaller weddings. And I can recommend the MOST AMAZING caterer in the Keys – most guests said the food was the best wedding food they have ever had, and she acts as a DOC without charging anything extra.

Pics:

Post # 5
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

Wow “NotYourTypical…” — those are gorgeous pictures!

We had a destination wedding in Savannah, GA.  It was a really fun weekend for all of our guests and I highly recommend a destination wedding!  My husband is from MA and I am from KY so we decided to be fair, all of our guests would travel and we had a better-than-expected response rate (60%) and everyone really enjoyed their time in Savannah.  And we really enjoyed spending the entire weekend with our guests and really getting quality time with them ~ not just one evening.  Good luck!

p.s. We are in our mid 30s.  All of our guests were our age or older so they had the means to travel. We did not have bridesmaids or groomsmen; just a flower girl and a ring bearer.  And we offered baby-sitting during the ceremony & reception so that children would not have to attend.  However, most of our friends with kids left them at home with grandparents so they could enjoy a get-away weekend with adults! 

The topic ‘30-something DW Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors