(Closed) 30 somethings – engagement photo shoot attire?

posted 6 years ago in 30 Something
Post # 4
857 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’m chiming in, because i’ve got less than 2 months before I hit 30, and I seem to relate to the ladies on this board much  more than any other board.

Our shoot is in a month, and i’m totally going to rock the boots/skirt or dress thing. It’s what I feel comfortable in, it’s what works for me, and it will look cute. 

My photographer is big on pops of color, and solids, so that might be helpful for you as well? 

Post # 5
2179 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I’m 31.  Here are pictures from our session in February.

Post # 7
1736 posts
Bumble bee

@sienna76:  Thank you! It was comfy and practical. I was able to frolick, jump around but still felt young, carefree and CUTE! 🙂

Post # 8
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

This is what I wore:

Post # 9
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Hey lady!  I’m 32.  🙂  We are a pretty casual couple so I wore a couple cute tops with jeans and black boots.  He wore a white button up and a jeans too.  My Fiance is on the local fire dept so we did one where he was in his fireman garb and I was wearing an “I Love My Fireman Shirt”.  Those turned out to be one of our favorites.

My suggestion is just wear an outfit that’s you.  You’ll be comfortable and happy…and it will show through on your pics.  Have fun!

Post # 10
2179 posts
Buzzing bee

Thanks– It’s from Old Navy, believe it or not!

Post # 11
725 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I agree with coolbride125 just wear something that is “you”.  I am not a dressy girly girl…I love pants.  So I wore cute white denim with platforms and a tunic top.  My hubby wore a button up shirt, vest and denim.

Here are a few pics:

Post # 12
2589 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m 30.   Echoing PP’s – just wear something comfortable that looks like “you”.  And ask your photog about colors – he/she might have suggestions based on where you’re shooting and what kind of look you’re going for.

Post # 13
871 posts
Busy bee

We are both 31 (I’m 32 later on). I chose a dress from the Myer collection that my Fiance and I picked together. He wore his suit pants and a long sleeved striped shirt. Our Engagement shots were taken just before our engagement dinner at our wedding & reception venue (one of our fave restaurants, the Garlic Clove)

Post # 14
433 posts
Helper bee

@Barika:  

omg you guys are too cute, that argyle sweater is a winner….wonderful pics.

Post # 15
433 posts
Helper bee

Ok so we are California beach folk (early 30s) and our shoot was on the beach in Cabo….here’s one

Post # 16
871 posts
Busy bee

@Sugarpug2012:  Oh so cute! I love the beach shot.

The topic ‘30 somethings – engagement photo shoot attire?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors