(Closed) 30 too old for a halo style wedding ring?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2610 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

Go for what you love! You are not too old! Plus this is a ring you will wear forever. What does this woman tell the “younger” ones who do buy halo rings? Come back in 5-10 years cause they’ll be too old for the style? I don’t think so. I would find someone else to buy from and choose the ring that you love. It’s about everyone’s personal style not how “old” you are!

Post # 4
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

WUT

Hell no.

I got my beautiful halo at 26, so that lady can suck it.

Post # 5
9142 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

Ummm, never too old for jewelry!

Post # 6
1459 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

Well if you were proposed to at a “halo appropriate” age, married and stayed with that man you’d be a 30/50/70 year old woman wearing a halo ring.

So aside from being rather mean and unfounded, the lady’s logic doesn’t even work. Get the ring you love 🙂

Post # 7
Hostess
12068 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

Find a new jewelry store.  That e-ring is my 30th birthday present.  I adore it.  you’re never too old if it’s what you love.  screw her.

Post # 8
5191 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

@BowSister:  A halo is a “younger” style? I’ve never heard of this. What a quack.

Post # 9
394 posts
Helper bee

I am 30 & I picked out a halo ring that we have on order as we speak. Tell her to suck it & get what you want.

Post # 10
2050 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

LMAO I would have been like….aren’t you too old to be selling halo rings to women who are “too old” to wear them?  And then I would have asked to try them on anyway!

You are NOT too old for one.  If you love it, who cares!

Post # 11
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@BowSister:  uhhhh i’m not 30 now, but i know i’ll certainly still be wearing my halo when I am… and you know when i’m 40… 50… etc.  wtf.  

that is unfathomably rude.  and makes zero sense.  

Post # 12
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@BowSister:  Who puts an age limit on a ring that lasts a lifetime? That sales lady was way off. 

Post # 13
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I’ve never heard of such a thing!  How rude!!

Anyone can wear any ring they choose…doesn’t matter how old you are!

Post # 14
3078 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - A court...

What a b****! Seriously, I read so many stories on here about rude sales person (?) first I would suggest not going back, they don’t deserve yours or anyone’s business, at least not her. Anyways, my aunt is in her mid thirties and she has a gorgeous halo ring! Everyone just awed at how beautiful it was, no one even cared about her age because well it doesn’t matter. Just get what you want 🙂 Everyone has different opinions though that’s a first time I heard “women over thirty shouldn’t get engagement rings” . 

Post # 15
246 posts
Helper bee

This lady is a HORRIBLE sales woman.  I don’t even know what she is talking about. Do not buy anything from this store.  I would even recommend making a complaint to the manager.  How dare she.

Post # 16
5405 posts
Bee Keeper

That’s super weird. Does she think 20 something brides stop wearing their ring when they hit 30 if it’s a halo?

The topic ‘30 too old for a halo style wedding ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors