(Closed) 30 too old for a halo style wedding ring?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 17
2684 posts
Sugar bee

Ummm, what?  I didn’t realize there was an age limit on halo rings.  That salesperson was out of line.  If the halo is what you want, you should absolutely get it.

Post # 18
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

That was just rude, and it sounds like she was trying to bully you.  I don’t see any reason why a halo isn’t “age-appropriate” for a woman in her 30s.  Jewellery doesn’t generally have an expiration date, as far as I know.  Go to a different jeweller, and leave a review online of that store so that other people know what kind of sales tactics they like to use.

Post # 19
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

This makes absolutely no sense!!  I am almost 33 and I love my (double) halo ring, and I plan to wear it until I’m old and wrinkly.  I have never before heard that halos are for younger people.  That’s ridiculous!  You’re the one who will be wearing it, hopefully forever, so I say get a ring that YOU love!  

Post # 20
3772 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Post # 21
2203 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

ughhh WTF??? never go back there again? you aren’t even old, and there isn’t a particular style of engagement ring for older women anyways. how rude/stupid/unprofessional.

Post # 23
1718 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

That’s absurd!  You can wear whatever you feel like.   Heck, halo rings on each fingers if you wanted to!

Post # 24
495 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

What the hell? She sounds like a crazy person. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with wearing a halo ring at any age. Get what you like, and preferably not at a store with such poor and disrespectful customer service.

Post # 25
1063 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

@BowSister:  huh??!? so not only is this woman a bitch, but she’s a terrible salesperson! this was at the mall? maybe a chain? i would go over her head and complain if it were me.

and anyway, isn’t your ring forever and therefore will be worn at EVERY AGE?? I MEAN, OBVIOUSLY?!?!?

Post # 26
3570 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Im sorry WHAT?!?!  I got my halo at 30… I cannot imagine someone saying such a thing!  I hope you don’t shop there again.

Post # 27
2598 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@BowSister:  Um, that woman was not only rude she’s apparently nuts.  Halo style rings are appropriate for anyone.  Why wouldn’t they be?  How bizzare.

I honestly think you should call and speak to the store manager.  This woman is a terrible representative of their store. 

Oh, and I’m way past 30 and I have a beautiful halo that looks just fine on my finger!

Post # 28
10363 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

30 isn’t too old for anything.

Post # 29
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@BowSister:  well she was rude. you’re not old nor are you “too old” for a certain style of ring. 

Post # 30
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@BowSister:  I have literally never heard of being too old for a halo. A heart shape…maybe (and this is only my person judgey-mcjudgeyness coming out) but a halo? What the…

Post # 31
1193 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@BowSister:  that is one of the craziest things I read here on the bee. I don’t even know what she meant…I’m confused. *scratches head*

ETA. I’m back and still confused. A friend of minehas a halo ering and she got engaged on her 33rd bday. It’s gorgeous and suits her

The topic ‘30 too old for a halo style wedding ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors