30 Weeks Pregnant and Admitted Indefinitely…ENTERTAIN ME!

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 61
2609 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  My mom was in the hospital for several weeks with my little brother.  The best thing that anyone did for her was to send her a care package that included a nerf gun.  The poor nurses became her targets.  In addition to the nerf gun, my mom is super spunky/sassy.  So the nurses would come in and inform her of a trainee and ask her to hassle them a little bit.  The fun & lightheartedness (is that a word? lol) really helped bring a bright spot for my Mom the weeks she was in the hospital.

Hang in there!  Sending good vibes for you and your baby πŸ™‚

Post # 63
38 posts
Newbee

View original reply
MsBeer :  My cat does that too! It is just one of his little quirks. His name is Mr. Crackers and he is a big boy. About 15 pounds. Vet said he is looking much better. He has been on a diet and has lost 7 pounds so far. Only another 1 or 2 pounds to go!

Post # 64
38 posts
Newbee

I don’t know why the photo didn’t show up. Trying to post again.

Post # 65
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - Tacoma, WA

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  So glad to see an update and that you’re also feeling a bit better today. Sounds like yesterday was really rough, but you are already such a good mama and she’s not even here yet! Stay strong, Bee!

View original reply
mrsaime :  The amount of cuteness packed into this tiny kitten really does make up for all the naughty behavior! Like, I want to be mad at her sometimes, but gahhhh look at that little face. Not possible! πŸ˜›

Post # 66
Hostess
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

View original reply
MrsAppuliese :  ha ha Mr Crackers is so cute! What a great photo.

Post # 67
1450 posts
Bumble bee

For those of your commenting that bed rest sounds lovely, I can tell you from experience it is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.  I did 10 weeks of bedrest when I was pregnant with my son and it was AWFUL.  Thankfully I went on to deliver full term at 37 weeks 3 days! You got this Momma! 

Post # 69
2576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  thanks for this update Bee! Been thinking about you and your little princess peach 2.0.

We had a 12 hour flight home from France yesterday morning and I took an aspirin so I didn’t get swollen legs this time! Yay! 

I tried to stay up as late as I could since school starts Monday and I wanted to be adjusted to the time change as quickly as possible. I only made it to 6pm. Woke up at 1:30 wide awake. Somehow managed to fall back asleep at 2:30-7:30. Woke up to a gloomy foggy day and I am so happy! The heat in France was just too much. 

Now this weekend my plans is I’m going to be in my “favorite position” which is also called “couch time” and involves doing nothing laying on my couch. 

Unfortunately we have no food in the house so I have to go get breakfast and then after go grocery shopping and then start planning for the first week of school. 

But for now, I’ve got five more minutes of Weddingbee before I am too hungry to stay home. 

Post # 71
2178 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  I’m not pregnant (but over a year TTC), I just wanted to let you know that one of my best friends delivered at 32 weeks (emergency due to fetal distress) and her daughter did amazing :). She was only in the nicu for about 3.5-4 weeks! No one wants to deliver that early of course, but it can turn out better than anticipated!

Post # 73
2178 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  I can’t remember the exact diagnosis she had, retrospectively she had lost a lot of fluid and our workplace was EXTREMELY stressful. We definitely think the stress contributed to her preterm labor (and probably my inability to so far get pregnant). They had given the shot to attempt to mature lungs, but then she was born only a few hours later. She needed supplemental IV dextrose for a few days, and she was born little but absolutely perfect. I definitely agree with what the nurses told you as far as being better able to handle life outside the womb when they are stressed!!

Post # 74
2895 posts
Sugar bee

OP, instead of having to repeat the same information to 15 different people, what if you either designate 2-3 people to inform others of medical updates? And just let people know they are still welcome to call you and chat, but for most medical updates, they need to talk to those specific people. Maybe phrase it in terms of you’re trying to eliminate as much stress for you and baby, and this is something that will help with that?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors