30 Weeks Pregnant and Admitted Indefinitely…ENTERTAIN ME!

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 77
2175 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  we’ve all resigned, thank god, my ex boss will certainly get what he has coming eventually. Life is much less stressful now 🙂 I’m glad you quit your stressful job and things are much better for you too!!

Post # 78
2893 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  lol, yeah. I guess I was thinking it would work best if a bunch of people were calling. But if they’re in person, you can’t just refer them to someone else, lol!!! 

Post # 80
4651 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  Hey Bee,  I managed to miss this thread but I’m sorry to hear about you and bub and I have everything crossed that the next 3.5 weeks go through with good stats for you both.

I’m a nurse but I have to say that those docs and nurses that work in NICU are always an amazing bunch of really wonderful warm and genuinely kind hearted people. They are honestly always a special type. Your LO will be in great hands when the time comes for them to spend a little time there.

My mum started a scrapbook for each of us when she was pregnant with us. It documented her pregnancy. The story of how my parents met. Stories from when she was growing up. Advice and things she’d learnt and wanted us to know. She told us about our family past, included family recipes. Photos etc. She updated the book through our first 18 years of life. She put in our milestones as well as humorous things we’d done growing up. She gave each of us our book on our 18th birthday. Its 350 pages but it’s my most treasured possession. Have you maybe thought about doing something like that for your baby? You’ve got some time to do it and it will help distract you for a bit.

Hope you are both still doing well and it all works out for you.

Post # 82
799 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Wedgewood Las Vegas

View original reply
mrsaime :  LOL I also misread the title the same way, except I read it as SHE was the one who had cheated. I was thinking, damn, she must be super-mom-to-be to have enough energy to do that!

I’ve only ever stayed a single night in a hospital, and that drove me bonkers. So, the fact you’ve made it 8 days is pretty awesome in my book.

I totally get the exhaustion of repeating the doctor’s news/recommendations to loved ones. In my one night stay, the surgeons visited me three times, and nearly every time my hubby was asleep or out, so I had to update him again and again. And family. Had to repeat everything to family. It truly can be tiresome.

I don’t have any real words of wisdom for your situation, but just hang in there. You’re tougher than you think you are. 🙂

Post # 83
215 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  I was put on bed rest at 28 weeks for placenta previa. I had 4 bleeds by the time I had my son at 33+4. I did half home bed rest half hospital. I was hospitalized in Philly due to my son’s heart condition but I live in NJ! We had free TV luckily, but I found myself watching a lot of Netflix. I watched seven seconds. I just recently watched another series I think called “crazy genius” on Netflix. I also downloaded audio books. People sent me puzzle books and adult coloring books, but I actually didn’t really get into them. I read a lot of message boards about placenta previa and my son’s heart condition. I also did wayyyyy too much shopping on amazon prime haha!!! Good luck. It will pass and that gorgeous girl will be worth it. I hope you make it longer than I did! 

Post # 86
2839 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  hey girl I hope you’re enjoying your book! We’ve had a fun weekend back in my hometown hanging with my folks and seeing some friends and my parents’ friends… everyone is so excited about the baby coming, so that’s fun ❤️ also saw some ex-friends that I lost in my divorce lol, so that is kinda awk but oh well. Now I’m kicking back with my swollen feet up while my dad and husband play cornhole in the backyard. It was 95 here today, eek but it cools off as soon as the sun gets low.

Hope you’re hanging in there. I’m sorry you’re missing your pup 😥 She’ll be sooo happy to see you though, that’ll be amazing!

Post # 87
215 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  every day is a blessing! I took it one day at a time and had mini goals. My first goal was to make it to 32 weeks, then to 34 . After my first bleed they decided to keep me until delivery and scheduled my csection for 34 weeks exactly. However on my routine monitoring NST my son’s heart rate kept dropping. I had no pain, I had no bleeding for almost 2 weeks at that point. They decided to take me for c section that day and thank God they did- once they were in my uterus they could tell my placenta was way worse than ultrasound showed and it looks like I was very close to an abruption. My son stayed in the nicu for 27 days- didn’t need any respiratory support (so glad I got steroids!). He has a congenital heart defect and surgery is 2 weeks away. He’s been home, growing well and just awaiting the surgery. 

Post # 88
2893 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
PrincessPeach13 :  Yeah, you’re probably right-the visitors will slow down. Do you have any online shopping you can do for baby or even looking for nurses gifts? 

I didn’t do a whole lot of fun stuff today. Went to a 50% off thrift store (found two dresses), took my kitty to the vet for vaccines, worked for about 3 hours, and just relaxed a bit. Tomorrow I need to get more work done & get some more packing done (moving 9/1)!!

Post # 89
2893 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
steny03 :  😂 it would’ve been such a juicy thread!!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors