(Closed) $300.00 per person for hair?!

posted 3 years ago in Money
Post # 2
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I would keep looking! If you find that most of your stylists are similarly priced after a little research, you can commit to her if you feel comfortable. You might find someone more reasonably priced that you like better though. I paid around $300 for hair, makeup, AND a trial for both. 

Post # 3
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

$300 is outrageous for a wedding updo for maids. I spent 300 for my hair and full airbrush makeup and veil placement. –  $60-125 is more typical for maids and acceptable. You are getting robbed. Keep looking!

Post # 4
4549 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Tell ’em they are dreaming.

Seriously, that is a mad price for hair.

Post # 5
3305 posts
Sugar bee

$300 just for hair per person is extortionate!!!! Keep looking! 

Post # 6
919 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Whoa- $300 per bridesmaid for a low bun!? that sounds insane even for an updo for the bride! Is this Kim Kardashian’s stylist or something?!

I would definitely keep looking, especially if you’re just doing a loose, low bun for the girls.

Post # 7
1633 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

That is insane. You’re entitled to spend your money as you please, but personally I wouldn’t want to pay that amount on principle. $300 for a bun, she is out of her damn mind…

Post # 8
305 posts
Helper bee

Please keep looking, this is not a reasonable price.

Post # 9
834 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Family Farm

Sukii: are they gilding your hair in 24k gold leaf?! 

Post # 9
2657 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

When I was looking for hair and makeup quotes, I had a few quote me $300 for just one of these services. I’m so glad that it was done via email; I almost spat my drink out all over my computer screen when I saw it. If you aren’t comfortable spending that for hair, regardless of whether or not you can afford it, I think you should keep looking. You’re supposed to be happy on your wedding day, not feeling guilty over how much money you spent.

For what it’s worth, my make up artist charges $100 per person (including false lashes and a touch up kit) and my hair stylist is charging $120 for me and $100 per bridesmaid.

Post # 11
3884 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Yeah no… locations are very different but where I am hair prices seem to run about $80-$120. For $300 I’d have to be wanting some incredible gravity defying hair sculpture or something!

Post # 14
1259 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Sukii:  we need immoralbeloved to chime in here about what features are required to justify a $300 price tag – perhaps diamond dust-infused hairspray and the use of an argan oil treatment hand squeezed from the kernels by angel-haired virgins?

Hope you can find a more affordable option without substituting quality. $300 for a reasonably simple hair style just seems excessive to me too. 

Post # 15
1262 posts
Bumble bee

Yeah, I think you made the right choice. Just because you can afford something doesn’t mean it’s a good use of your money. If you said that she did truly amazing, incredible work and that you’ve always dreamed of having this particular hairstyle that only she can do, fine. But under these circumstances I’d bet you can find someone you also like a lot who is more reasonable.

The topic ‘$300.00 per person for hair?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors