(Closed) $300.00 per person for hair?!

posted 3 years ago in Money
Post # 16
1593 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

$300 for an updo seems ridiculous. I pay around $300 for a cut, foils and style and my hairdresser is not cheap. I suspect you are getting the “wedding tax” from this stylist. 

Post # 17
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Sukii:  Wayyy too high.  I’m in a major city and they are traveling to my venue site and its 80 for makeup and 80 for hair.  

obviously if you asked for the finest virgin extensions that have only been cleaned by himalayan water and wrapped in 24 k gold well then yeah 300 seems valid.

Post # 18
3867 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Sukii:  $300 is a ridiculous price for hair. One of my best friends paid $200 for her hair for her wedding and she regretted it. She could have gotten the same thing done elsewhere for much cheaper. I always say splurge on the bride’s hair, but for the bridesmaids? Hell no. Why don’t you book her for yourself and book someone else for the maids?

Post # 19
4892 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

$300 for an updo seems a bit much. I also did my own make-up, but we went to the salon that I get my hair done (my stylists owns it), and it was about $60 per person, for whatever they wanted.  She also provided coffee, fruit, rolls, water, and other beverages. Oh, and opened as early as she did specifically for us. I tipped well.

Even if it was $300 for both hair and make-up seems like a lot. To me, anyway.

Post # 20
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

That is insane,  I got married in Manhattan – one of the most expensive cities ever, and I paid half of that for MY hair.  Bridesmaids were $100 each.

Post # 21
1919 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Sukii:  Awful, prices are regional but $300 per person seems ridiculous! Here in the MidWest, I paid $60-80 per person with 3 stylist dedicated to us.

Post # 22
5154 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

Sukii: $300 is absolutely insane. Keep looking.

Post # 23
319 posts
Helper bee

At the end of the day it’s a bun.. This woman couldn’t be so awesome that her buns are worth $300. You’ve seen many wedding bees looking goregeous without her. So keep looking. You’ll find someone who is awesome and isn’t a thief!

Post # 24
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Um, no. At my friend’s wedding we all paid $60-75 for our hair depending on what we got. You are being ripped off! 

Post # 25
9832 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

Yeah no. I’d hire a cosmetology student fro $50 before i’d do that. 

Post # 26
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Sukii:  HOLY CRAP!  Are they using Golden brushes?

Post # 27
2923 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Yeah, I have to chime in with the others that $300 is way too high.  I also live in a major city and I was a bridesmaid this past weekend and the bride paid $75 per bridesmaid (not including tip) for an updoo, and the stylist came to the house.

Post # 28
7371 posts
Busy Beekeeper

LOL . Unless its some celebrity hairstylist, absolutely NOT!

Post # 29
367 posts
Helper bee

Sukii:  I paid $45 for my hair and the bridesmaids were each $30. I would guess your prices wouldn’t be that low, but I would definitely keep looking!

Post # 30
1936 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

$300 is outrqageous for a BUN. it’s a BUN.

$300 here included a Brazilian blow out the night before, a style and application of their own extensions. Event hen it’d probably be more like 200

The topic ‘$300.00 per person for hair?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors