(Closed) $3000 for a week long honeymoon recommendations?

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
2681 posts
Sugar bee

I went to an all inclusive in the DR and it was awesome!!  My BIL & SIL went to the Bahamas for their honeymoon for 5 nights and spent just around $3000 (not all inclusive though)  It depends on where you are looking, for how long and what type of room you want.  Are you ok with the lower priced room or do you want something bigger and more amenities?  I think all inclusive is the way to go, you dont have to worry about all the extra money you would spend on food and drinks since its all included.  There are several other inclusive resorts in Jamacia, Mexico and more.

Post # 4
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Well I know so many people that have loved going to DR so don’t rule it out!  And there are a bunch of all inclusive resorts throughout the caribbean.  Try the Bahamas, we love love love the Virgin Islands too.  There are a bunch of great resorts on either island and the people are so friendly!

Post # 5
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Look into Sunset At the Palms in Negril, Jamaica. It was our honeymoon spot. It’s an all-inclusive with a more boutique-y, private feel. We LOVED it! 

Post # 7
493 posts
Helper bee

Try Francis Ford Coppola’s Blacaneaux Lodge and Turtle Inn in Belize.  They do honeymoon packages where you stay at both places.  If we hadn’t gone to Belize last year, I would definitley go back for our honeymoon (maybe our 5-year anniversary).  We visited Blacaneaux for dinner a couple of times while staying in the Cayo district, it’s in the jungle, gorgeous grounds, I was blown away.  On our last night in Belize we stayed at Turtle Inn which is on the beach in Placencia.  It was by far the nicest place I’ve ever stayed.  Beautiful Balinese decor, which actually inspired our honeymoon pick – Bali.  May/June would probably be the off-season which would be a cheaper.  Good luck!

http://www.coppolaresorts.com/

Post # 8
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2000

We’re going to Paris and Venice for a week (6 nights) for that amount. We have the AmexSPG card so the rewards are paying most of the elegant hotels we will be at. We took a relaxing local minimoon already so we are looking for adventure and romance when the weather perks up.

Post # 9
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m going to Breezes Resort in the Bahamas for 7 days and including airfare (Seattle to Bahamas) in April for $2700.  I used resortVacationsToGo.com and cheapcaribbean.com to search.

Post # 10
61 posts
Worker bee

I am not only honeymooning but getting married in the breezes trelawney resort in jamaica. For my Fiance, me, and our 5 year old son it costs us 2700 dollars. its all inclusive and though the rooms arent stunning Im figuring i wont be in them that much. it doesnt seem to cost too much to upgrade to a presidential suite. Good luck

Post # 11
61 posts
Worker bee

opps and its six nights seven days but you can usually get an extra night free

Post # 12
814 posts
Busy bee

we got our all inclusive conciege suite in cozumel for less than $3000! ours included 2 tours and all kinds of other goodies too! we are staying 5 nights

Post # 13
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We’re going to San Fransisco, Cali for 5 nights for $1,500 (for hotel and flight) and planning to spend another $500 or so on food/activities. You could probably do your favorite city for less than $3,000 and could even do a on-the-coast city (Maybe in Cali or Florida) for less than an all inclusive out of country?

Post # 14
2392 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I know it’s a little bit more than $3k, but we got 7 nights at Couples Swept Away (including flight & trip insurance) in Negril, Jamaica for $3600.

The topic ‘$3000 for a week long honeymoon recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors