(Closed) $3000 for wedding photography???!!!

posted 5 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 4
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

That’s actually a great value.

An average wedding, before extras like album design etc typically takes about 40 hours to process. Add in insurance, sales and income tax, equipment, overhead like website and marketing, etc and they are barely making a profit. Photography has one of the smallest profit margins of any wedding vendor.

Post # 5
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Sparkle_Bee:  That sounds about right and you are lucky you are getting an album included! My Fiance and I have to purchase the album separately and they start @ $1000. 🙂 Do you like his style and his approach? I would interview him and at least 2-3 other photographers if you aren’t sure so you can comparison shop! 🙂 

Post # 6
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Ours was $3000 with engagement pictures, E-pic cd with printing rights, 10 hours at wedding, all pictures on cd with printing rights, and a coffee table book.  Photography is very important to me, because when the day is over the only thing we will have are memories, and the pictures. 

Post # 7
2163 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

My goodness….I can’t even get a basic photo package for 3k. Mine is 5! 🙁

Post # 8
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ours is $3800 in Philly and that was the LOWEST price I was quoted. I’m sure it varies by location, of course.

Post # 9
3078 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Sparkle_Bee:  It is typical, but you can certainly find photographers for less.

Our photography package included an engagement session, 7 hours coverage on the day with two shooters, and full rights to all of the high-resoultion images.  So basically missing the album and the 8×12 and it was $1400

Post # 10
2902 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

That is actually quite the bargain. So long as his work is good. I’m paying $3000 for 6 hours on the day. Nothing else.

Post # 11
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

My package was only $400 less (did include a TTD, but still) and I got NO prints! And that was with a wedding show discount.

So if the person is talented, I’d take that and run with it.

Post # 12
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Pretty typical. We are paying $3600.

Post # 14
4464 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

To me that sounds really reasonable and you get a lot for your money.

Post # 16
1164 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@Sparkle_Bee:  sounds pretty average.  I’ve heard of $6000-$7000 for photographers. Remember after the chair covers and decor go back, the flowers die, and the cake is eaten, the pictures are the only “take away” memory you have of the day (other than your husband of course!) Wink

The topic ‘$3000 for wedding photography???!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors