31…time is ticking..

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
2060 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

I’m the same age as you and will TTC after my wedding in a couple of weeks. I’ve started on prenatal vitamins

Post # 17
2438 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

foreverlovex :  you have PLENTY of time. Please read this article, it’s full of the most current science and will ease your mind. If you have fertility problems in your early to mid 30s, they probably would have been problems in your 20s too. Otherwise you are very likely to be fine. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/07/how-long-can-you-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/

I’m currently pregnant with my first at age 35 (and 2/3 – but who’s counting! Haha). I got pregnant our first month trying. We want at least one more after this. Around 37-38 is when women start to see some effects from age on fertility. 

Post # 18
3008 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

foreverlovex :  I got pregnant and had my first when I was 32. Had my second at 35, no problems either time. My best friend is pregnant for the first time at 37 and no issues for her, either. 

Post # 19
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I feel the same way as you do. I’m 31 in June, married 4 years this October.

I’m aware that it’s irrational to feel this way, but I definitely feel as if the clock is ticking. The other bees responses here are pretty reassuring though! 

Post # 20
1017 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

I’m 35 and pregnant with my first. We only became financially/emotionally ready this year after being together over 10yrs. I definitely don’t feel ‘old’ and I’m glad we waited until the time was right.

Post # 21
4134 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Had my first at 39 and my second at 41! (And I didn’t need fertility treatments)

Post # 22
3183 posts
Sugar bee

I was 31 when we were TTC, got a positive test a few days before my 32th birthday. Baby girl is two weeks old and I’ll be 33 in a few months. 

Post # 23
6291 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2016

29 with my first (30 when he was born), planning to start TTC the 2nd in a few months at 38!

Post # 24
328 posts
Helper bee

34. Had her 2 weeks before my 35th birthday. No age related complications. 

Post # 25
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I was 36 and 38 when I had my babies.

Post # 26
267 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I’m 37, and I’m currently TTC.  Will likely be via IVF due to severe endometriosis.  You’ve got time, so don’t stress!!

Post # 27
29 posts
Newbee

I’ve never been pregnant but I have some anecdotes:

– my mom had me at 30, and my siblings at 34 & 36
– my 34 year old cousin just had a baby
– my 35 year old friend just had a baby

Do NOT worry or stress, as stress can negatively affect your health & fertility and do the opposite of what you want. I know it’s hard but just let go and know that whatever happens was simply meant to be. 

Post # 28
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m 33 and pregnant for the first time. I will be 34 by the time I give birth. Most of my friends my age are just starting to think about pregnancy. I wouldn’t be in too much of a rush if I were you, unless you’re planning on having LOTS of kids.

Post # 29
9278 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

You have plenty of time! I just had LO 16 days ago at 30 and I’m one of the younger ones in my peer group to have a baby.

Post # 30
731 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

I’m 30 and will be 31 when I’m married.  We likely won’t start trying until I’m almost 32 (if we even try – I have some health issues and we’re on the fence!)

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors