31…time is ticking..

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 31
7775 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

I had a baby last year at 40. As long as you don’t have any other medical issues you’ll be fine!

Post # 32
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2014

33! We’ll try for #2 when I’m 35. I had age anxiety too and it was 100% unwarranted. 

Post # 33
5049 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2017

I’m 34 and currently pregnant with my first child.

Post # 34
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

foreverlovex :  if you’re running out of time then I must be over the hill! Lol I’m currently pregnant with my first at 34

Post # 35
648 posts
Busy bee

Well I had mine when I was 21 (surprise) so I’m not responding about me, but my sister just had her first at 36 and will probably have at least one more. Got a friend who’s 38 and pregnant with her second. Had her first at about 37 maybe? Another classmate just had her first also at 38. There are so many people I went to high school with who are having babies now, even first babies (and for reference I’m 39). A lot of people are waiting longer than they used to. You’ve got plenty of time! 🙂 

Post # 36
748 posts
Busy bee

I’m 33, getting married this year and will TTC starting Oct 2019 – I’ll be 34. 

Post # 37
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m 37 and pregnent. This will be first and probably only child if all goes well.

Post # 38
6270 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

foreverlovex :  I’m pregnant now at 27, but I have a friend who had 5 kids between 30 and 40. You have time!

Post # 39
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I want to offer another perspective, not to be a debbie downer, but because there are a lot of women in my situation and I think it’s a realistic possibility for many. I started trying at 32. I am a few months shy of 34, have undergone 2 rounds of IVF and 4 rounds of IUIs and still not pregnant. To be clear, I know I would’ve had the same fertility problems if i had started trying at 27 or 28, but the difference is I would’ve had time on my side to keep trying and plenty of time for fertility treatments. If it is this difficult to get pregnant for baby #1, I have already accepted the likely possibility that we’ll be one and done. I personally hate the idea of having an only child and its something I never wanted, but I know that it is a strong possibility for us. If we had started at 27 or 28, I think we would’ve been able to keep trying for another one when I was 32 or 33.  1/8 women struggle with infertility so its not uncommon so I just felt that the other side of the coin should also be represented here. I don’t mean to scare you, but if having children is important, I’d consider starting soon.  At this point, I’ll be 35 before our first child is born IF i am lucky enough to get pregnant during my next round of IVF. That doesn’t leave a lot of time to try for a second. Just my .02. Good luck! 

Post # 40
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I’m not pregnant or TTC, but I used to nanny for a family with 4 children. The last 2 kids were born when their mother was 41 and 45. They are both extremely bright & healthy little boys! The only thing is, she was on bed rest for the last 4 months of the last pregnancy. 

Post # 41
372 posts
Helper bee

foreverlovex :  I can totally relate. I wish we could have started TTC sooner, but it was impossible because of a number of reasons.

I’m 36 and currently 18 weeks pregnant with my first. Hopefully we will not be one and done, but who knows!

Post # 42
42 posts
Newbee

I started TTC at age 35. After 8 months with 1 CP and no baby, I had labs done and learned that my ovarian reserve (amount of eggs I still have in my ovaries) is VERY low. Not just low, but looooooow (like similar to that of a woman 10 years my senior low). All my other tests were normal, I’m healthy, good weight, exercise, don’t smoke or drink… this diagnosis came out of the blue.

Well, the same month I learned of this diagnosis, and was told by my OBGYN that I should consult with a fertility speciality to discuss IVF, I got a BFP. I’m only 3w3d now, so it’s very early, but the lines are darkening and my BFP came early. So apparently you can be a geri-mom with hardly any eggs left and still get pregnant – there is hope!

Post # 43
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

foreverlovex :  I’m pregnant with my first at 32 after four months of trying. My mum had babies at the age of 30, 33, 41 and 43, all concieved in the first month of trying. Don’t worry about it!!

Post # 44
709 posts
Busy bee

I’m 25 (almost 26) and no kids. No plans for one in the near future either. My mom had me at 38 so I’m not too worried about my biological clock yet, plus we only want one so that makes things easier. When people ask us I say: “somewhere within the next 3 to 10 years”. 

Post # 45
1339 posts
Bumble bee

I’m 40 and we just decided to end the anxiety and not have kids after agonizing about it for years.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors