31…time is ticking..

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 46
562 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I’ll be turning 30 this year, and I totally understand the feeling. However, we’ve decided to start TTC early next year. I’ve been getting a bit of baby fever, but I am confident that waiting until next year will be a good choice. Plus, enjoy the baby-free life now! 🙂

Post # 47
863 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - Hampton, VA

Had my first at 22. Won’t have another until I’m 29. Then 31/32, if all goes to plan. Maybe even one more at 33/34 – we’ll see how we feel after having 3 kiddos running around.

My mom had me at 29 and my little brother at 32. 

My SIL just had their first child at 37! My brother is 35. 

Lots of my older friends are waiting longer and longer to have kids. <3 You’ve got time!

Post # 48
9388 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

I’m 29 and my first is due a month after my 30th birthday.  It took me just over a year of trying.  My mom, on the other hand, had me on her first try at 35.. goes to show age really doesn’t mean much–even within the same genetic pool!  (She had my brother at 41, btw.. though he took quite a while of trying so perhaps age did eventually catch up to her? We’ll never know for sure.)

Post # 49
Hostess
4739 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
foreverlovex :  All of my coworkers had their first kid after 35, many have had their second child in their 40s, perfectly healthy.  We don’t plan to start trying until close to that age as well. 

Post # 50
9878 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I had my first right before my 32nd birthday.

We plan to TTC again in a few months here and I would be 35 by the time a second child is born, assuming all goes to plan.

Post # 51
2219 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m pregnant now and will be 31 when I have my first, and we want one more so you’re definitely not too old! 

Post # 52
2031 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Gave birth eight months ago to my first at 31. Will likely be 35 or older if we have more. My mom was 31 and 35. My aunt was 27 and 35. My grandma had my mom at 30 back in the 50s. I also have friends who are in their 40s having kiddos. If I’d known how quickly we would get pregnant, I probably would have waited longer!

Post # 53
987 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

32, and he was born after I turned 33. He was our first and we are planning for a few more! My mom had my brother at 38 so I’m not worried. It is even more common these days, try not to worry about it!

Post # 54
1912 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
foreverlovex :  
View original reply
foreverlovex :  I just turned 33 (32 when I became pregnant) and I’m due in June and it’s my first.

Post # 55
7456 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m 32 and currently pregnant with my first (I’ll be 33 when he’s 4 months old). We started TTC when I was 29. 

I’ll say this…while 32 isn’t old by any stretch of the means but when it comes to conception it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks – it matters what YOU think. 

Medically sure people have kids well into their 40’s these days so if that’s something you feel comfortable with by all means don’t feel the pressure to rush. If you feel ready and anxious to have a kid, by all means get on it! 🙂 

I hate to see people constantly say “that’s not old, you’ve got plenty of time”. Time is perception….and not everyone has the same feelings on what is considered too old or their desired age for having kids. Most of my friends got married right out of college and had kids within a couple of years (so mid-20’s) and if it were up to me I would have done the same. As it turns out DH and I didn’t get married until I was 27 or start trying until I was 29. I was SO ready to have a baby earlier but he wasn’t. I remember being pretty depressed on my 30th birthday that I wasn’t pregnant yet. On my 31st brithday and I still wasn’t pregnant I was sooooo upset.  By the time my 32nd birthday rolled around I’d then had two loses and honestly I was in such a depression that I refused to leave the house or even celebrate. I did end up finally getting pregnant a couple of weeks after my birthday but it’s very hard to watch everyone around you have the life you want while you watch the years tick by. Just sayin’. 

Post # 56
372 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I was 31 when I had my daughter….10 days ago! You’ve got plenty of time OP, most of mine and DH’s friends had first kids around 33-36 and now that they’re older some are having second children at 39. Don’t pressure yourself OP, a lot can happen/change in a year. Be kind to yourself! 

Post # 57
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I became pregnant at 23, gave birth at 24. I am currently 28 and would like to be pregnant next year. I plan to have all of my children by 35.

Post # 58
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - Maui

I’m 31 and 19 weeks pregnant with my first. I’ll be 32 next week.

Post # 59
9561 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

got pregnant at 33, and delivered at 34 for #1 

got pregnant at 35, and delivered at 36 for #2.

35 isn’t this magical cut off number.  one day your eggs aren’t old and shriveled.

you should watch Adam Ruins Everything – Babies.  the data that woman are AMA after 35 is based on very old statistics.

http://www.trutv.com/full-episodes/adam-ruins-everything/2124079/index.html

Post # 60
1156 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

I had my first at 26, got divorced and hubby and I had been trying to get pregnant for a year when we just got our BFP. I’m 34. I want another one after this one, as well. 

Don’t stress! Lots of ladies have babies well into their 30s.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors