31…time is ticking..

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 61
763 posts
Busy bee

I had the same anxiety at the same age! I did go on to have my first pregnancy and baby at 32. I wish I would have waited only because it was a sh*tty marriage and having a child complicated things. But in hindsight, I love my kid so much and I feel that he was meant to come in to the world this way and I wouldn’t have it any differently.

So, if your marriage is great, go on and make a baby! If it’s not so great, fix that first.

Post # 62
2309 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I always laugh when I see these posts because I am 44 and am pregnant with our first (and likely only) ranbow baby. You have plenty of time. Things clearly happened later in life for me (met DH at 39 and got married at 42) and while it is hard sometimes I have to believe that they happen for a reason. I will be 45 when our son is born and both he and I are healthy. 

Post # 63
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2018

View original reply
foreverlovex :  Not me, but my mom had my brother at 37 and me at 42. My dad was the same age. She had a MC when she was 29 but not with my dad. She married my dad and fell pregnant the same month when she was 36. 

Post # 64
2990 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I was 33 and had no trouble getting pregnant. Don’t worry about it! 

Post # 65
763 posts
Busy bee

I had major anxiety at that same age when I was 31. I did go on to have a successful pregnancy by 33. However, the marriage was sh*tty and didn’t last so in hindsight, I should have let myself feel anxious for a little while longer and not ended up in a bigger mess as I did later on.

Post # 66
480 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969 - City, State

I just turned 32 and hope to be pregnant this year. We are planning to TTC after our honeymoon, so around May/June. Oh and my mom had me at 33.

Post # 67
347 posts
Helper bee

I’m 29 and starting to feel the clock ticking.

My mom had me at 32 and my brother at 35. My grandmother had her kids from age 32-38 in the 1950s, which was considered super old at the time. So that helps me not panic! You have time! 

Post # 68
1430 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’m turing 30 next month and definitley staring to feel the clock too.  My mom had me at 34 and my sister at 36 with no complications and got pregnant on her first try both times.  My husband and I plan to starting TTC within the next year and I’m really hoping I’ll be as lucky as my mom was!    

Post # 69
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: Aspen, CO

I’m 38 and 7 months pregnant with my first. Ultimately we’d like to have 1 more which will likely put me at having my 2nd at 40. It’s all about what works for you, don’t let anyone pressure you!

Ive had an easy and healthy pregnancy. My little man looks great with no complications. Did all the blood testing and no concerns for any genetic or chromosome issues. Not bad at all! 

Post # 70
2309 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I love these posts. No need to stress. I got pregnant at 44 and and having our one and only at 45. 

Post # 72
757 posts
Busy bee

Ill be 32 when I get married but I don’t even want to start trying for at least a year or two. I’d like to just get pregnant before 35…that’s my goal. Hopefully it works out and I don’t have any surprises or disappointments!  But I only want one or maybe two kids, so I think I have time.

Post # 73
999 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

I just turned 30 and I’m 31 weeks pregnant. Got married last year at almost 29. Was unsure about it at first but here we are. And I’m fairly certain we will want another at some point so I’d probably be in my earlyish 30s for the next. 

My mom had me at age 38, back in 1988. My dad was 40, and I was planned. So, theres nothing wrong with waiting or it not be the being the right time.

Post # 74
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

I’m 26 and we are not going to try until after I’m 31. My mom was 33 when my brother was born and 35 when she had me! My dad was 42 when I was born. No harm in waiting 😀

Post # 75
31 posts
Newbee

I’m 31 now and won’t be married until I’m 32. So no babies until I’m 33+ (if ever, still on the fence), basically. You’re in good company.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors