31…time is ticking..

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 76
399 posts
Helper bee

I’m so glad you posted this. I am also 31 and my family is constantly asking me when we are going to have kids and reminding us my biological clock is ticking. I personally am not that stressed, because I only want 1-2, but them continually bringing it up is annoying and I guess it does add to the “pressure level”. I just got a promotion at my new job, and want to focus on that for a few more years before I start trying. I dont see an issue starting to have kids in my mid 30s.

Post # 77
971 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

33 and pregnant with our first, took us almost exactly a year to conceive 

Post # 78
2443 posts
Buzzing bee

I was 33 when I got pregnant after only trying two months. I’m 36 now and we still haven’t started TTC for #2. 

Post # 79
121 posts
Blushing bee

Pregnant now at 33, planning to have another one at 35. My mom had me at 36, so you have plenty of time! My OB said to no worry until I hit 40 so you’re good : ) 

Post # 80
Hostess
9630 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

My mom had me at 27 and my brother at 35, back in the 80s and 90s. I haven’t read the entire thread so I don’t know if anyone’s posted it – BUT – the data that shows a woman’s fertility dramatically declines after age 35 was published from records of French women in the 1670s-1830s. Before electricity existed. Before fertility treatments. Before antibiotics. At a time when the average life expectency was 35! 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/07/how-long-can-you-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/

I’ll be 31 when we start trying for our first, possibly 32+ if we postpone.

Post # 81
2221 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

DrAtkins :  Yep, I posted this article in this thread a month back and was considering posting it again!  It’s that good!

Bottom line: science shows that if you have fertility problems in your early to mid 30s, you probably would have in your 20s too – it’s not an effect of age.  If you don’t, then you can most likely get pregnant (although it may take slighly longer) until very late 30s or 40.

Post # 82
Hostess
9630 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

KittyYogi :  Yes!! I read it to Darling Husband yesterday. It makes me feel soooo much better!!

Post # 83
1718 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

You are fine bee! My cousin will be having her first baby at 32. My mom had me and my three sisters at 32, 34, 40, and 43. I think you have time!

Post # 84
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Started trying at 29. Turn 31 next month and no baby/ lasting pregnancy yet :(. It may well happen quickly for you once you TTC though.

Post # 85
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I’m 30 and we haven’t started trying yet. Growing up I thought 30+ was ancient to get pregnant, but that’s because my parents were babies (18 and 19) when they had me. These days though, I know so many people who have had kids in their mid/late 30s and beyond that getting started in my early 30s like we plan to feels quite young! Even my Mother-In-Law didn’t have my husband until she was 35, and his sister at 37.

Post # 86
1256 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Some anecdotes for you:

All of my aunts have had a kid over the age of 35. One aunt had her first at 40 and second at 42.

My sister just had her first at 32 and plans to have at least 2 more.

Husband and I are planning to TTC right around my 31 birthday and we hope to have a big family (3-4 kids). Honestly if we didn’t want a big family we’d probably wait another year or two to start.

Post # 87
33 posts
Newbee

foreverlovex :  I had my twins when I was 27.  I’m 31 (32 this year) and plan to have another in a few years! 😘

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors