(Closed) 31 weeks and not much movement…

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
83 posts
Worker bee

I experienced that with my first pregnancy. I also had an anterior placenta.. I rented a doppler which put my mind at ease. I would also drink juice or a sprite and a little bit after, he’d start moving. I also shined a flashlight on my belly and he’d usually move because of it LOL.

I’d tell you not to stress but I know I did.. I’m heavier now than I was with my first pregnancy so I feel like it’ll be even worse with this one. 

Post # 4
754 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Blondee:  With my first pregnancy my son hardly moved same as your describing. I did not have an anterior placenta either. I did have a job at the time where I was on my feet all day as well and always wondered if that contributed to lack of movement due to me rocking him to sleep. I will say this he is 6 now and is and always has been very mellow. Doesn’t move fast to this day. Sometimes I wonder if it is a personality thing. Just my personal take on it. I am now 24 weeks along with another son and he is a mover and shaker. It makes me nervous that he will be tough to handle! 🙂 I bet as you get closer you will see a foot stick out now and then as he gets larger.

Post # 5
900 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@Blondee:  I’m just a little ahead of you (33 weeks tomorrow!) and I’ve been the same.  My baby is *very* mellow in there, but the heartbeat is always strong and my doctor says it’s fine.  I also have an anterior placenta.  I definitely feel her moving every day, but I don’t feel her moving all day, every day (if that makes sense).  I’ve also never had that videoable tummy moment, either.  (sad face)

Post # 7
4355 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

All babies are different :), I’ve always had people saying “oh have you felt the baby do flips yet?” and I’m 38 weeks, still have not had the baby flip around. I mostly get kicks and stretches (like the feet sticking out that you desciribed) but this little one has been happy in it’s position this whole pregnancy I guess!

A friend of mine has an anterior placenta and is about as little further along than you and she doesn’t get a ton of pronounced movement either. As long as you are meeting your kick counts, it shouldn’t matter how soft the movement is.

Post # 8
2227 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@LuluH:  Personality is a HUGE factor. A friend of mine had 2 DRASTICLY different pregnancies, in terms of movement. Her first never really moved much, she is now a timid, gentle little girl. The second would kick & wriggle all day long, she’s a rough & tumble, energetic kid now.

Post # 9
1966 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Maybe just a mellow baby, all babies & pregnancies are different. I’m sure everything is fine. Did you try different drinks to get him to move? Sugary drink use to make dd bounce around. 

Post # 10
754 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@MrsRugbee:  This is what I’m afraid of. 🙂 My son is so sweet and mellow was an easy baby and is a very easy kid. This one might be a handful based on his movement! And a big congrats on your pregnancy! 

Post # 11
1081 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Oh joy, I just found out yesterday that I have an anterior placenta, but I feel my little guy all the time, sometimes it even hurts when he kicks me! I am probably going to have the orneriest little boy ever :-/ 

Post # 15
1966 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Blondee:  aawww the movie scared him lol. The position could absolutely have something to do with it. Dd was breach & would twist up like a pretzel! I’d change her movements.

Post # 16
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am having the same concerns with my pregnancy!  She seems to be a lot less active than my son was when I was pregnant with him.  I asked my dr and he said that if I have gone a while without noticing movement to count my kicks, which should be at least 5 an hour, twice a day.  He said it doesn’t sound like a lot but that is acceptable.  He also said when you’re walking around or are busy, chances are you aren’t going to really be paying attention to movement or if it is moving not notice it because you are just simply busy!  This has kept my mind at ease, because it never fails:  I haven’t noticed her and I will sit down, have a little snack and she will start.  Hope this makes you feel better 🙂

ETA:  I am 32w4d

The topic ‘31 weeks and not much movement…’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors