(Closed) 3.10.12

posted 7 years ago in March 2012
Post # 3
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Our engagement will be fairly short, but we’re doing some planning even before the engagement becomes “official”. We’re waiting because I’m graduating in a week, and we didn’t want either one of the big events to overshadow the other. One major life event at a time, you know? Once the graduation hoopla is over, though, I’m going to start freaking out because it means the big question will be coming any day. Aaaaaah!

We chose March because that’s when we met. Our first date was on March 4th, and we thought that would be an ideal wedding date. Alas! It is a Sunday, and we wanted a Saturday night wedding. The 3rd was booked at the reception venue we wanted, so we took the 10th.

My birthday is the 16th, so we’ll be getting married six days before. Coincidentally, my brother got married six days AFTER his birthday last summer. Not totally relevant, just a fun fact.

Post # 4
1488 posts
Bumble bee

Hello! Another 3-10-12 bee here πŸ™‚ Fiance and I are high school sweethearts who got engaged in June 2010. I’ve always wanted a spring wedding but we moved 3 days after we got engaged (literally), so I knew Spring of 2011 was going to be cutting it waaay to close for me.

Originally, I wanted 3-1-12 because that was my grandfather’s birthday, but Fiance nixed a Thursday wedding. And in my somewhat-screwy brain 3-3-12 didn’t seem right, don’t even ask. Oh well. lol. Instead of waiting til the end of March we did the 12 because we wanted a sunset ceremony and the time change is that night so after that it just would have ended up being waay too late. Not to mention we have at least 10 birthdays between the 20th and 31st of March so it was too hard to figure all that out. lol

Post # 5
30 posts
Newbee

@NDBee: Soo many date twins!! We were dating for 4 years before he proposed last September, I picked March because we live in Arizona and that is right before it gets unbearably hot! It should be a gorgeous 75 degree day! I just really can’t believe that its been 7 months since we have been engaged and we are creeping up to the 300 day mark!

Post # 6
327 posts
Helper bee

Hey, didn’t the four of us all meet up on some other board posting too? I feel like we should form a little club and have an awesome name and a bunch of in-jokes.

Post # 7
1851 posts
Buzzing bee

Me!!! We just set the date this past weekend (we’ve been engaged since March 21, 2011 so pretty average 1 year engagement) and while it’s not officially 100% sure that it’s THE date, it’s very likely. So excited to see all the other 3/10/12 bees:) We’ve been together for 4 years and 7 months and I can’t wait to marry him!

The way we came up with the date was I told him that it wouldn’t be past Sept 15th 2012 because that’s our 6 year anniversary and asked him what month he’d want to get married and he said March. We live in Texas so March tends to be really beautiful weather and even if for some reason it’s cold next year I’d rather it be cool than hot (like the other 90% of Texas weather). It also is great because I’m a teacher and a Spring break honeymoon means I don’t have to take time off:)

Post # 9
1851 posts
Buzzing bee

@indibee: I haven’t even thought about how awesome it will be for anniversary trips (I was just thinking honeymoon)! March 10th just keeps getting better and better!Tongue out

Post # 10
327 posts
Helper bee

@mg1363: Um, YEAH March 10th is awesome. Because all of US are getting married that day, and we’re amazing. Duh.

Post # 11
3281 posts
Sugar bee

My date is March 13…. I dont think I am gonna have a date twin so could I share with yall? Embarassed

pwease?

ETA: mg1363– I have never seen another SA bee!!! yay, so exciting!

Post # 12
1869 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi everyone!  We’re getting married on 3.10.12 also!

My Fiance proposed in June 2010, so we’re having a pretty lengthy engagement.  We dated 7.5 years (HS sweethearts too!) before he finally proposed.  I was still in school, so that’s why our engagement is almost 2 years long. 

We’re planning a wedding about 10 hours from where we live.  It’s going to be in Eureka Springs, AR at Thorncrown Chapel.  It’s an all glass chapel, and it’s so beautiful!

I’ve pretty much already planned everything, and it’s kind of depressing now. HAHA!

@HoneyBear:  I say you can join!  πŸ˜€

Post # 13
1851 posts
Buzzing bee

@HoneyBear: I say you can join too!Laughing How did you come about having a Tuesday wedding?

Are you from San Antonio or are you a transfer? I was raised military but SA has always been like “home” since most of my family was here.

@sarasouth: hahaha

@heather5743:That glass chapel sounds AMAZING! Do you have any pics?

Post # 15
3281 posts
Sugar bee

Yeah, tuesday is kinda weird for a wedding, huh? lol

We are actually having a destination wedding and we are doing it during spring break πŸ˜€

The topic ‘3.10.12’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors