(Closed) 32 and Waiting…

posted 10 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
174 posts
Blushing bee

I”m in a very similar boat as you…age 31 in a 3.5 yr relationship. 

I am currently following Mr. Bee’s Back-Up Plan (I had to skip the 3-Step Plan and go straight to the Back-Up Plan) as well as the Christmas Challenge.  I’ve made a pact with myself that I’m not going to bring up the M word or E word until Jan 2011.  I don’t know what I’ll do after that, but I’m sure Jan will include a discussion of “I haven’t mentioned it in two months…we need to be making some decisions.”

Post # 18
447 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Ya! Hang in there cause I was 32 when my man proposed! I never thought I was going to have a real proposal ever! People I knew got married, had kids..had kids growing up..grey hairs started to sprout from my head..then finally! Crap! That took a while! So I know how ya feel. I wanted to be married several years before but didn’t find a man that wanted to commit!

Post # 19
43 posts
Newbee

@rowdycowchick: Well done you on moving on from your last relationship when you felt it was time.  Very, very brave of you x

However, I must ask of you… Are you looking for love or the status of married woman? I genuinely don’t mean to sound rude but have you ever asked yourself this? Your relationship history it appears, seems rather erratic.

I wish you the best xx

P.S. 32 is not old! I am 33 and only wanted to settle down when I met this man I am with now and we are planning to settle down together out of love for one another and compatibility on every level. I was with a guy before him for a year and a half and hightailed it out of there as the prospect of marrying that guy was terrifying!

Post # 20
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I met my now husband when I was 29. I wanted to be married relatively soon after but never pressured or nagged about it.  He had bought the ring and asked my parents permission in August and didn’t propose until December.  Wow!  We then got married a month after my 32nd birthday.  If he said “it’s in the works” then it is.  Trust him!

The topic ‘32 and Waiting…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors