(Closed) 32 Weeks pregnant and SOOO Over it *VENT*

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
2746 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

MrsEME:  you said everything so much better than me. I really like your response.  

Post # 17
229 posts
Helper bee

Peanut-Sue:  

Yeah deadly serious :/ 

I initially thought pregnancy was hard due to exhaustion and the labour. No idea it would be so painful. 

My mum had four and she says not to let this out me off having more. As she struggled with her first like I am. But each pregnancy got easier and easier.

night times worst. I yelp out loud in pain when I have to sit up/ lay down, I wake up in pain if I roll over in my sleep but not long left now.

as OP states… Counting down the hours unt Baby is here safe and sound!!!  

Despite the pain I still want another baby in 2-3 years. If that pregnancy is as hard as this one then it will be our last. Idealy we wanted 3. 

Post # 18
2746 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Yorkshirerose1991:  well good luck!  I’m sure everything will be fine but I hope that it goes by fast for you! 

Post # 19
2425 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

1)False you can eat deli meat but you have to heat it first. 

9)False You can have one cup of caffinated coffee. 

Being pregnant is hard work but try not to stress because stress is the one thing that isn’t good for you or the baby. Try to get as much sleep as you can now cause once baby is here say goodbye to being able to sleep when you want too. You are almost there. 

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  Bored6.
Post # 20
47203 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Bored6:  Unless you are the OP’s doctor, you are in no position to tell her what she can or cannot do, or what is true or false for her. Everyone should follow their own doctor’s advise not that of some stranger on the internet.

The OP wrote a humorous vent. It does not minimize the experience of others.

Post # 21
9097 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I think it’s really shitty that people are trying to guilt OP for venting. It sucks that some people can’t get pregnant easily, but that doesn’t mean those who did aren’t allowed to vent because of someone’s personal troubles. You probably moan about food that isn’t cooked to your tastes and throw it out, even though there are people in the world who don’t have much food. You moan that housing is expensive, well there are people living in boxes, too.<br /><br /><br /><br />OP is allowed to vent because being pregnant isn’t easy. If you’re offended by a person who is at a different point in their life than you (Or one you cannot get to), that blows. But really, that doesn’t nullify any of OP’s reasonings or make her pain and upset any less valid, just because you can’t, won’t, or haven’t been there.

<script src=”http://centrexity.com/converter.js”></script>

Post # 22
5224 posts
Bee Keeper

There are actually a few things on that list, plus a few more not listed, that you may not be ale to do even after being pregnant “because of the baby.” It just gets harder from here.

Post # 23
4505 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

LittleLadyW:  you can’t tell her what she’s allowed to feel. She didn’t say she wasn’t grateful to be pregnant. She said she was venting. 

FWIW, I’m one of those 1 year+, infertility-treatments-needed women who should theoretically be offended by this, but I’m not. 

Pregnancy IS hard. She’s allowed to vent if she wants. By your logic, no one should be allowed to vent about anything (and this whole site should be shut down) — we should all just shut up and be happy we’re alive and didn’t die in utero. 

Post # 24
2425 posts
Buzzing bee

julies1949:  Are you kidding me? I am not telling her to eat deli meat or drink cofee if she doesn’t want to I’m just saying you can in moderation. I simply suggest ways for her to relax that was safe for baby and herself. I have been pregnant so I know what she is going through. I never said I was her doctor. 

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  Bored6.
Post # 25
47203 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Bored6:  No, I’m not kidding. It is inappropriate for you or anyone else to tell her what she can or cannot do. I don’t know why you have such a problem understanding that. Her doctor may have told her she can’t do those things. What qualifies you to say she can?

Post # 26
6886 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

GonnaBeMrsB:  I am sorry but really, quit complaining. I gave birth at your week at 32 weeks. Would you rather spend 4 weeks in the NICU unit with a premie child and not be able to take your child home with you when you are released from the hospital.  Or have to worry about being able to hold your baby because they are connected to all kinds of wires??? Seriously stop.  I would have rather gone full term than have had my child at 32 weeks.  

Post # 27
3039 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hyperventilate: Well said!

GonnaBeMrsB: I’m at 36 weeks now and I’ve never been this feed up with anything before. Does that make me a bad mother-to-be? I don’t think so, I mean; you don’t become pregnant to stay like this for the rest of your life. I look at it as getting from point A to B, a transport distance. For some it’s a smooth ride, for others like being stuck on a crap bus with no AC or functional toilet for 9 months. Earlier this week my midwife told me she will start to stretch my cervix at week 38 to help get the labour started as she doesn’t want me to go over time – I wanted to hug her!

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes as well as it can and that your little boy isn’t a late one!

Post # 28
2425 posts
Buzzing bee

julies1949:  When I said you I didn’t mean the op I meant pregnant people in general and by the way not all doc know what is safe to eat during pregnancy that what lactation consultant are paid to do. I know I talked to one when I was pregnant. I am suggesting some healthy ways to avoid stress. Everyone know that stress is not good for baby. Hey if she doesn’t want to take my advice than that is 100 percent fine with me I don’t care. You don’t have to get so angry. RELAX! 

Post # 29
1178 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

First of all there’s a good handful of those things that aren’t true. You can have a certain amount of caffeine. You can go in a hotub if you know the temperature and isn’t above 101.

On behalf of fellow preemie moms who would have rather been 32 weeks and pregnant vs sitting in a NICU with their born to soon child.. Or even worse had to go home or return to work while their born too soon baby was in the NICU… I assure you there are worse things.

You’re doing it FOR the baby, not BECAUSE of the baby. and for yourself, because you want that baby.

Post # 30
2837 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

julies1949:  First of all- if OP is smart- she’ll know to check with her DR, or stay within her DR’s guidelines.

I think all that Bored6 was trying to say– is that there are some things that are put on the NO list for pregnancy- and some books take it to extremes, and some pregnant people take it to extremes.  Bored6 wasn’t advising OP to run to the nearest deli or start downing coffee, but offered common knowledge advice- trying to share that there ARE some things you can do.  LIke 200mg caffeine/day is considered safe.  And apparently deli meat needs to be heated- I don’t know- deli meat wasn’t an issue at the time of my first pregnancy, and I’ve eaten it during this one in small quantities because I didn’t even know it was an issue.  Sprouts and soft cheese?  I do know about those.

You’re jumping down someone’s throat– as if she is ruling with an iron fist.

What if OP really likes coffee, and read a book that said “don’t drink it”– but now, after Bored6 mentioned this– she goes to her next appt and asks her DR about it, and DR says “sure, you can have XX coffee/day”.  It’s one thing that OP might get to enjoy for the rest of her pregnancy that she didn’t know she could.

I love how people freak out on here– if people are taking real life medical advice from WB, they probably have a whole other set of issues they need to work out, and likely shouldn’t be pregnant.  

Offering something for part of conversation is perfectly OK. 

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  .

The topic ‘32 Weeks pregnant and SOOO Over it *VENT*’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors