(Closed) 33 weeks and lost my mucus plug…

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

It will most likely regenerate and you will be fine! If you have contractions go in becaus those can be pre term labor, or bleeding and of course we hope your water doesn’t break. Otherwise you are fine. let’s hope baby stays put till full term! 

Post # 4
1434 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@mommytobee27:  I lost mine at 31w and I assume it regenerated. I think the rule is: if there isn’t any leaking amnio fluid or blood then you’re fine. Still, I don’t take baths anymore or go into hottubs….juuuuust in case it didn’t fully regenerate. I’m 43w6d and no signs of preterm labor.

Post # 5
3471 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

I’ve known 2 women who lost it early, (at 32w & 35w) and neither had an early labor; in fact the one who lost it at 32w ended up giving birth almost a full month late (the day before they were going to induce!).  Unless you see blood or feel contractions, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.  

Post # 6
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I know someone who was due in early August and lost hers on Easter.  She ended up having the baby maybe 2 weeks early (but wasn’t her first pregnancy).

Post # 8
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’ve learned the last few weeks that even at the end, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything!  I lost mine at 36 weeks and baby is still making himself comfy at almost 39 weeks.  Just watch for bleeding and/or contractions.

Post # 9
5547 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

@TurtleDoves:  I know this totally has nothing to do with the OP but do you really mean you are at FOURTY-THREE weeks and six days into pregnancy?? 

Post # 10
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@chasesgirl:  she means 33 weeks hahah. 

Also Turtledoves just so ya know losing your mucus plug doesnt make you vulnerable to infections so have at it with the baths. Only if your water breaks are you vulnerable.

Post # 11
1934 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I lost part of mine at 16 weeks! and my doc said it was normal and would regenerate.  As long as there is no pain, contractions, bleeding, etc, then I’m sure you’re fine.

The topic ‘33 weeks and lost my mucus plug…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors