(Closed) 33 Weeks, Low Weight Gain?

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
634 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Don’t worry, I am sure baby is healthy. I was told with my first that it was going to be a HUGE baby at least 9 pounda, but he was only 7 pounds. I have a friend who was tiny with hers and her baby was 8 pounds and 2 weeks early!

I never put on much weight with DS, maybe 5 – 10 pounds at the most. With this pregnancy I have lost 6 pounds but baby is still ok. 

Just focus on a happy healthy baby and stay away from google and take the your huge/ small thing with a grain of salt. 

Post # 4
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I had some weird fluctuations between 29-33 weeks.  I was up 21 pounds by 29 weeks and then by 33 weeks was only up 20 (ie, I LOST a pound).  I think it was in part because I was bloated, etc. at 29 weeks and 21 pounds wasn’t my true gain at that point.  My doctor wasn’t at all concerned about it – and also, I had an ultrasound and the baby is measuring just fine – on the smaller side 24th percentile – but Darling Husband and I are small people.  THey won’t get concerned unless baby is less than 10th percentile.  Good luck and try not to worry!

The topic ‘33 Weeks, Low Weight Gain?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors