(Closed) 3/4 carat in a halo on size 8 finger…

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
2120 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I have a 1/2 carat in a halo, and roughly a size 8 finger, so yours will look slightly bigger than this:

Post # 4
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have a 3/4 in a halo and I wear a size 8

Post # 5
99 posts
Worker bee

Post # 7
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2015

hannahrahn:  the halo def makes the stone look bigger. I think it will be a perfect size. I have a 1.12 center stone  on a 6.5 finger 

Post # 8
2442 posts
Buzzing bee

My center carat is 0.61 cts and it’s on a size 10! The halo males them look bigger. I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Post # 9
2120 posts
Buzzing bee

hannahrahn:  oh my gosh, thanks! of course I’ll show more pics! So, my center stone is .54ct, G, SI1. The band is half eternity, 1.2mm-1.5mm I can’t remember, shared prong “pave” totaling around .5 carats of VS1 stones, so the whole ring is 1 carat tw. It is also set high enough that a wedding band will set flush against it, which was my number 1 priority (I dislike the look of curved wedding bands).

Here are some pics of it not on my finger (please excuse how not pretty it looks in these, my office has crappy flourescent lighting!):

Post # 10
528 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016 - Long Island, NY

ahartig:  I love the blue stone halo!!! Wow! 

Post # 11
604 posts
Busy bee

mrsphyllyboo:  hannahrahn:  stephncollins:  I just love halos but since mine is not the specs nor finger size (stone and finger bigger than requested) I will not post 🙂

Just wanted to say beautiful rings and a 3/4 carat in a halo will be plenty blingy on your finger imo. Mine is a 1.5ct but on a size 11 finger and looks to be roughly the same amount of coverage, noticeable and blingy, but not HUGE which to me is a good thing 🙂

You can always add a really fun wedding band if you want more sparkle too.

Post # 12
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

.80 cushion cut halo on an 8 finger – I think it’s the perfect size!

Post # 13
99 posts
Worker bee

hannahrahn:  all the time lol!! But i just think ring shrinkage is a real phenomenon. 

Post # 14
99 posts
Worker bee

here is my old ring, same diamond new setting. I had problems wir this setting but it was so pretty. 

Post # 15
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

hannahrahn:  i honestly think it depends on the chunkiness of the setting… i have a 1.5 center stone double halo (7.5 finger) and i feel that it looks smaller than some of the smaller stones  set into halos because the setting is so tiny and delicate… so, i say go with a setting that has some substance to it, (IE: more metal, maybe not pave or micro-pave) and it won’t look too small for your hand… 

The topic ‘3/4 carat in a halo on size 8 finger…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors