(Closed) 3/4 carat too small? Pictures Please

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 31
1245 posts
Bumble bee

.75 F on about 3 or 4 1/2. Keep on mind it looks smaller with my wedding band so yours will prob look bigger. 

Congrats on your impending engagement!

Post # 33
881 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
c4rr134nn:  I have a .75 moissanite and a 5.5 finger. I am pretty happy with the size, but I’ve had a midhap so my stone needs to be replaced and I am thinking of getting a carat. I don’t think I could bring myself to with a diamond though, it’s just too expensive for me. I understand your concern though. I love my ring and am perfectly happy with the size in relation to my finger, but sometimes I feel a little self conscious around some of my husband’s friend’s wives with their bigger stones.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by MsCarabiner. Reason: typo
Post # 34
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Please keep posting! I am a 5.5 size finger person and having the same dilemma! I always said I’d definitely want under a carat but I think that the Bee and the blingorama is distorting my perceptions, so this thread is wonderful – and the rings are spectacular!! 

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by blondie_ems.
Post # 35
1114 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I believe my diamond is .73cts, it’s sparkly and beautiful on my size 5 finger and in my perfect gorgeous dream setting. Honestly once in a blue moon I wish the diamond was exactly 1ct, or at least precisely .75, but that’s just a negative silliness, and my emotional attachment to this rock gets stronger all the time.

Post # 36
2186 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

This is my 0.75 ct on a 5.75 finger.  It has a great spread at 5.95-5.99 mm.

Post # 37
473 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

.71 ct on a 5.25 finger. I think the size is perfect for my hand!

Post # 38
1245 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
c4rr134nn:  thank you 🙂 

View original reply
sophielle:  wow yours looks so much bigger! 

Post # 39
6 posts
Newbee

c4rr134nn:  I felt so nervous about what size my diamond was going to be! I knew my fiancé was on a budget. My ring ended up being a 0.84 carat round diamond with a halo. I absolutely love it and I have gotten so many compliments! if you are concerned about size, a halo is a great option. It’s interesting, has the same sparkle effect and takes up more room on your finger! My ring size is about 6.25 

Post # 40
485 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: City, State

I’m sorry sweetie, but you are coming across as very self centered and all you seem to care about is the ring and how it measures up to your friends’ rings. I WANTED a ring that is only .25 ctw and I am not even getting the one I wanted. But, I am getting the MAN I want. In my view, the ring means nothing when I’m getting the man I want. It took me a little while to realize that, but I did finally and I’m so much happier now.

Post # 41
2340 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
c4rr134nn:  you mentioned in a previous post that he didn’t have the ring in his posession yet, because it was on a payment plan. In light of that info, it seems the .75 was a stretch for him financially, anything bigger was probably not an option. You should stop comparing your ring to your friends’, and let go of this train of thought. It won’t lead anywhere good. 

Post # 42
83 posts
Worker bee

.71 cluster ring on 8 size finger. 

Post # 43
28 posts
Newbee

You might just be suprised at how big a .75 ct stone looks when its on your finger 😉

Post # 44
83 posts
Worker bee

I think clusters or halos are a great way to get more bang for you buck. They both make your diamond look bigger and generally have more sparkle than flash which some people like. But sounds like he already picked it out. I am sure you will like it as long as you let it stand alone and don’t compare it to anyone else’s rings.

Post # 45
338 posts
Helper bee

The setting can make a big difference.  My centre stone is 0.79 carats, but it’s sapphire so it’s more dense than diamond and probably equivalent to a 0.65-0.7 carat diamond.  It’s 6mm by 5.4mm. Ring size is 6.25.

The topic ‘3/4 carat too small? Pictures Please’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors