(Closed) 3/4 carat too small? Pictures Please

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 46
35 posts
Newbee

0.82 ct diamond on a 3 3/4 or 4. I think anything around this size is perfect for our hands, it’s noticeable without being too much. x

Post # 47
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Hanover Grande Ballroom

mine is .75 center stone, 1.10 in all. i get compliments on it all the time. size 7 finger. i think its the perfect size.

sorry for the big blurry pic, cant figure out how to resize.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  KapOct18.
Post # 48
408 posts
Helper bee

heres a better one the last was super blurry

Post # 49
178 posts
Blushing bee

If you love your Fiance then the carat size shouldn’t really matter. It’s like people who buy houses that they can’t afford, because they want to show off to other people. I’m guessing he bought what he could afford and really, think about when you have kids. Having a gigantic rock on your finger would just become a nuissance when changing diapers or getting your hands dirty. 

Post # 50
351 posts
Helper bee

No Not at all. my center stone is 3/4 carat and 2.25 total weight with the smaller stones. My ring appears larger because it’s cut on a wider plane, so it’s not as “deep” and makes it look larger than it is. a halo also helps. I wear a size 8.5 and it doesn’t look tiny at all

my ring is very well loved and could use a good cleaning right now 

this picture might be a little better. It’s a before and after from the last cleaning i had done at the jewelers

Post # 51
408 posts
Helper bee

<br data-mce-bogus=”1″>

Post # 52
432 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017 - Country Cottage and Gardens

My guess is he went by what would look good on your finger. When we went to get mine resized they had one that was my exact design and he said the jeweler had recommended we stay away from that large of a one because it would be too big for my finger. Here’s mine though. It’s a 0.75 ct center stone with 1.25 ct. total weight. You could always add it to a halo setting later on if that’s something you like? I think my Fiance would be offended but I see a lot of bees changing settings. I always forget what ring size I am, but I believe it’s somewhere between a 5.5 and 6. 

Post # 54
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Mine is .7 ct D colour (colourless) VS2 so it’s a pretty high quality stone. It’s valued for insurance at approx £6.5k a 1ct. Would have been over £10k 

i have quite big hands so I think I would have liked slightly bigger but I wouldn’t want to sacrifice the quality 

Post # 57
1341 posts
Bumble bee

c4rr134nn:  Ps I noticed in another thread that your diamond ended up being an F not a H as per the receipt you found. Looks like he did go for quality for you over size. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 58
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I have a size 8.5 finger and my center is .50 and my band makes it 2/3 of a carat. If you include the matching wedding band It equals 7/8 of a carat and I love it!

Post # 60
1341 posts
Bumble bee

c4rr134nn:  20% really? Cool! I had no clue. Mines an F too so I’ll wear it even more proudly now ๐Ÿ˜‰

The topic ‘3/4 carat too small? Pictures Please’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors