(Closed) 3/4 carat too small? Pictures Please

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 91
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2016

My centre stone is 1/2 ctw and then the total is 3/4 ctw. I wear a size 6. I love it, although it does come down to personal preference πŸ™‚

Post # 92
1114 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
beetobe2017 :  Thanks! It’s called Hayley and it’s by Artcarved, I got it from an independent jeweler.

Post # 94
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Wooops just realised how old this post is!

Post # 94
764 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Mine is a .70 center stone, at first I kind of felt the same way but honestly I love my ring, Fiance did an amazing job picking it out.. and now we share money anyways so I’m kind of glad he only spent 2000 on a ring cause now we actually have money to put towards more important things πŸ™‚ 

Post # 95
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2018

View original reply
shools164 :  just beautiful! I was wondering if you knew the size of your halo stones? To me they look like around .11 -.12 .Thank you !!

Post # 96
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2018

View original reply
LauraR :  so pretty ! Is this a cushion cut? And would you happen to know the size of the halo diamonds? 😘

Post # 97
366 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017 - Country Cottage and Gardens

View original reply
laura2979 :  Thank you πŸ™‚ It is a cushion cut. I’m not sure what the actual size of the halo diamonds is. I know there are 28 stones. The center stone is .75 carats and the total weight is 1.25 if that helps. It’s a Henri Daussi ring so the center stone is cut in a way that makes it appear larger. 

Post # 98
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Post # 99
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Mine is .72 carat on a size 7 finger.  Also, the ring is from the 1940s and the band is from the 20s.  I think 3/4 carat is a great size!  Big enough to feel substantial, but also dainty at the same time (if that makes sense!)

Post # 100
155 posts
Blushing bee

I think .75 is huge and incredible personally but I also think maybe your partner took your dainty hand size into consideration. Looking at all the lovely rings posted in this board, it shows how huge they look on this size! 

Post # 101
2125 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I’m 5.5 and have half a carat. It definietely doesn’t seem too small to me!

Post # 102
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: City, State

I also wear a size 5.5, and my solitaire was 0.56 carat with a 1.8mm band. Personally, I wanted a dainty ring that wouldn’t swallow my finger! But everyone has their own taste. Just don’t get caught up on comparing it to other rings. It’s not a competition! πŸ’•

Post # 103
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
c4rr134nn :  It’s beautiful! That’s actually my dream ring. 3/4 carat round solitaire on a plain band. I’m 90% sure I’ll be receiving it this month. My boyfriend has been asking a LOT of questions. Lol πŸ’πŸ˜

The next question will be what wedding band to pair with it.. I’m clueless! 😩

Post # 104
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
taylormjb :  I just realized how old this post is.. I’m sure you’ve all picked wedding bands already. SHOW ME YOUR SETS!

Post # 105
454 posts
Helper bee

What did you think about your ring before you found the receipt? Was it big enough then? You say he was a jeweler before- sounds like he used his knowledge and got you quality over quantity within his budget. 

The topic ‘3/4 carat too small? Pictures Please’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors