(Closed) 34 week apt – baby’s growing superfast and might be breech

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
Bee
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2008 - Oceanfront lawn and tent

I don’t know a ton about it excpept that SO many size estimations from ultrasounds end up being WAY off.  I would really press them on how sure they are if they are pushing you to induce etc based on estimated size.  I’ve heard of a lot of successful versions… my prenatal yoga instructor is pretty famous for getting babies to turn around!

Post # 4
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

My friends’ first  baby was breech and her doctor attempted the external turn.  It didn’t work, so she ended up needing a C-section. 

However, for her second baby she found a doctor that was willing to do a VBAC and it was a successful vaginal birth. 

Wishing you the best of luck at your apointment in turning the kiddo around!

Post # 5
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’ve also heard mixed things about whether or not U/S size estimations are accurate. I’ve heard of it going both ways.. they think the baby is bigger than he is and he comes out small (this happened to my mom with my sister) and I’ve also heard of them estimating that the baby is of average size and the baby is born 10 lbs.

Your midwife should be able to recommend less invasive ways to try to turn your baby before trying an external version. I’ve heard of reclining upside down on an ironing board or using a heat pack on the bottom of your belly and a cold pack on the top. You could also look into moxibustion (an acupuncturist should have this) which is some herb that you burn by your little toe. I have two friends who have done moxibustion and the baby turned.. but who knows!

Good luck! I hope your baby turns!

Post # 6
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

I don’t know how accurate growth ultrasounds are; our doctor thought Addie was only going to be about 5 pounds based our ultrasounds, and she came out at 6.5.  I’ve heard of people saying it happened to them the other way around, too (baby was estimated really big and came out much smaller).

As far as breech babies go, http://www.spinningbabies.com gives a lot of home remedies for turning breech babies.  It also gives some more natural/less invasive alternatives to the version that might be something to look at, as well.  Addie was breech from the very beginning, but by using some of the at home techniques, she turned around by 32 weeks, I think (it might’ve been 34 weeks).

The topic ‘34 week apt – baby’s growing superfast and might be breech’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors