(Closed) $350 for concert tickets – am I crazy??!

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Would you pay $350 for a pair of concert tickets
    Yes - why not?! : (19 votes)
    30 %
    No - way too much money! : (42 votes)
    67 %
    Other : (2 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 3
    4771 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

ask for a better deal your friend will want to get some money than no money.  Are these like VIP tickets limo ride, dinner, chmapagne included, I hope so, if not, that’s too much.

Post # 4
    2407 posts
    Buzzing bee

This is why I never go to concerts – the cost of tickets is way out of control.

Post # 5
    5921 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

I wouldn’t pay that much to see the Beatles in concert, back from the dead.  LOL.  I’m not a big music person though.

Sade seems like a strange choice for tickets to be that high.  Her music is beautiful, but she isn’t that popular, is she?

Post # 6
    5786 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2011

@Linz1231: I think its because she appeals to an older crowd with extra play money.

I wouldn’t pay that much for two tickets

Post # 7
    5921 posts
    Bee Keeper

@LGenz: That would definitely make sense! I hadn’t thought of it like that.

Post # 8
    7293 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

Are you on a budget? lol

Post # 10
    3166 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

that’s way too much, and this is coming from someone who’s been to well over 100 concerts. if she really needs to get rid of the tickets, she should come down on the price. i’d tell her if no one else bites, that you’d take the tickets for $150.

Post # 11
    5921 posts
    Bee Keeper

Are they amazing seats or something? Ticketmaster has tickets for that concert for $49 – $179.

I’d pay for cheap seats!

Post # 12
    2183 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2011 - Florida Aquarium

haha I would totally do it. Especially since there’s special meaning for you and your husband! But, I’m kinda crazy like that…

Post # 13
    1556 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

For me, there is no artist I can think of that I would be willing to spend $350 to see in concert.

But I can’t tell you if that’s too much or not.  If you are financially well off and wouldn’t miss the $350 and would have no problem otherwise spending that amount of money for an evening out, then it’s not too much.  If a Sade concert is on your buecket list and this may be your only opportunity to see her, then $350 may not be too much even if it’s a stretch financially.  The answer really depends on how much you want to see Sade and your finances.

Post # 14
    4001 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I wouldn’t be able to do it.  But that’s just me.  If you have the means to afford it and can still pay your bills, and seeing her is something you’d really enjoy- do it.  Plus your hubs supports it, that’s a bonus. 

Post # 15
    13099 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I paid close to the for an amazing pair of seats to see Garth Brooks in Vegas so if it is a concert you really want to see and you can afford it, than go for it!   I had always wanted to see Garth Brooks live but he’d stopped touring.  So when I heard he was going to start performing in Vegas, I was all over those tickets.

Post # 16
    1815 posts
    Buzzing bee

IF I had the funds do it, I would totally spend it on a concert I’ve been wanting to see. If I couldn’t afford it then I’d get the cheapest seats available or sit at home eating icecream and watching RHOBH.

The topic ‘$350 for concert tickets – am I crazy??!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors