(Closed) $350 for dress alterations! How much did yours cost??

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

My alterations were $270 for alterations on 2 gowns. I had one hemmed from floorlength to cocktail length, let out, and a sash attatched. I had the other taken in and a 9 point bustle added. I went through an independent seamstress that I have known for a number of year.

Post # 4
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I think mine were close to $400 – maybe $386? But I had a lot more done to my dress including…neckline changed, embellishments removed, backline changed, hemmed, cups added, taken in, bustle added…so it seems like you may be paying a little much. Have you taken it anywhere else to see how much other places are charging?

Post # 5
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Mine cost $126 for hemming, taking in the top, adding padding to the boobies, a bustle and adding buttons down the back.

Post # 7
1880 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Mine will be capped at $350 but may not cost that much if I only need light alterations (i.e. – hem).

Post # 8
6825 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Mine was $316. That included shortening the straps, the 8 point french bustle. Sewing my long line bra down a bit and pressing/steaming my dress

Post # 9
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Mine is $250 and it includes hemming, adding cups, bustle, and taking the dress in (about 1 size down) on a heavily beaded gown. 

Post # 10
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Mine cost $375. Hem, bell-bustle, taken in at top of bust, cups added, tacking down ruching on matte satin. My alterations lady is a wiz and has been doing this for over 20 years, so I acknowledge I am also paying for her expertise…but it’ll be done right the first time. 😉

Post # 11
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Mine will cost $350.  My dress doesnt come in for another couple months, so I’m not sure what I will need. I’m sure my dress will need to be cut and I am having cups put in to my dress.

The topic ‘$350 for dress alterations! How much did yours cost??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors