(Closed) $3500 Minimum for FLOWERS!

posted 7 years ago in Flowers
Post # 4
156 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Unfortunately, I don’t have any DIY advice for flowers; however, I did have one florist tell me they had a $2500 minimum.  I think it’s outrageous, but I guess if they can find people to afford that, well…more power to them!!

Post # 5
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I think having a minimum of any sort is kind of crazy! I work for a florist, and we priced a wedding that brought in the exact same picture of centerpieces that you have in the top right.  They were quoted at about $600 each.  Ouch.

Post # 7
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m also a Colorado Bride and some Denver-Metro places will deliver. It might save you some $$ to pay for delivery than go through that florist! Holy cow that’s expensive!!

Post # 9
1235 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

That in insane! Have you tried to look outside of your immediate area? traveling an hour might be worth it.

Post # 10
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

If you want real flowers, but don’t want the florist price tag, try buying flowers in bulk. You can get them from fiftyflowers.com, Sam’s Club, Costco, etc. I’m going to use roses for very simple DIY centerpieces, bouquets and bouts, and it will run me less than $300. That’s with 20 tables and a bridal party of 12. Just make sure you practice ahead of time!

Post # 11
65 posts
Worker bee

I bought real flowers from a bulk wedding store online, I purchased 250 creme de la creme roses for  $270.oo. When they arrived 2 days before, we cut the stem and took the guard  petals off and placed them in water by saturday they had bloomed very pretty. One thing I came to realize when reality set in for me, is that you have to cut some of the extras out. I went with solid colored roses and tower vases, everybody thought the centerpieces were beautiful and we did not break the bank. Remember flowers are so temporary, I remember thinking as the flowers were thrown in the trash, wow I am glad I didn’t pay 2,000 for them. I only had a few guests take those flowers home.

Post # 12
1209 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@CDubyaToCJay: Our floral designer doesn’t have any minimums, but even with basics we were already spending over $2500…. crazy, huh?

I feel like I’ll need to make friends with a florist wayyy before my (future) children start wedding planning haha 

Post # 13
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m ordering mine through fiftyflowers.com

Post # 14
714 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@CDubyaToCJay:  Have you asked your venue for recommendations?  My place recommended a woman who worked out of her house and we got absolutely beautiful flowers for under 1K.  Ask around! 

[attachment=1452549,184216]

Post # 15
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

It think it depends on where you live.  My quote from my florist was $3600 (before tax)  that includes my bouquet, 3 bridesmaids, all the men, 20 centerpieces, and 2 floral pieces for the church.  We also left out a few things so we know that price will up.  We thought it was a deal in my area.

The topic ‘$3500 Minimum for FLOWERS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors