(Closed) 3500 too much

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@holister:  Depends on the 4 C’s of the diamond and the type of metal the band is made from

Post # 5
1164 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@Stargaze31:  +1

@holister: adding more details would help fellow bee’s to respond. Also stating where you bought it too would help. If you bought it at a high-end jewelry store (e.g. tiffany, birks, etc.) then you were probably paying for the name.

Post # 6
2162 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

My cousin’s .92 ct F VS1 was $4,500, so I do think thats way too much. 

Post # 8
1926 posts
Buzzing bee

BlueNile prices an Internally Flawless, D color, VG cut .5 ct at $2800 and on a platinum band, $3500 would be reasonable. However, it doesn’t seem to be that high quality from what you’ve said; it’s overpriced.

Post # 9
1164 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@holister:  oops! sorry about that. I didn’t see that before you posted. we must have posted at the same time!

when we were looking for rings, I found spence diamonds to be pretty expensive, but if I can recall correctly, they had a good policy with the ring, so that can sometimes lead to the price being a bit more

Post # 10
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@holister:  I think it is probably too much, yes. Mine is 18k white gold with 68 pave diamonds and a round brilliant G, VS1, 0.48ct Triple ex cut, H&A. Tcw of .99 and it was close your the price you said. 

Post # 12
4419 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@holister:  It also depends on the cut and the shape. 

For example,

For just my center stone alone we paid $1,400. It’s an Emerald Cut shape, .5 carat, H color, a good cut, and VS1 Clarity. We would have paid a lot more for a round shape with everything else being the same, because round diamonds are more popular than emerald cuts-thus more expensive. 

Post # 14
11384 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

If its a Canadian diamond they are usually a bit more pricey since they’re not blood diamonds and all. So that may be why! 🙂

Post # 16
11384 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@holister:  Basically when diamonds are ethically sourced (like Canadian diamonds) no one got hurt in the process or under paid to mine the diamond out. You also know exactly where it came from.

Here is a link about blood diamonds:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_diamond

The topic ‘3500 too much’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors