(Closed) 356 days until the wedding and wow…it is not good

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

If your only 3 months in and so much is going wrong I would maybe consider eloping!  Good luck and hope it all gets better for you soon.

Post # 4
5001 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Oh no!! I’m sorry, that’s no good! Wedding planning is supposed to be fun, especially early on! Just try to enjoy it, even if that means eloping 🙂

Post # 5
292 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Is there a reason you can’t wait longer to have the wedding?  Remember this is supposed to be a celebration of your love, not just the end of a stressful year.  And from my personal perspective, elopement or a very small destination wedding is the way to go.

Post # 7
2023 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m sorry that you’re so stressed!  I think that it is fairly common… thats why the Centers for Disease and Control created this guide to healthy wedding planning – http://www.cdc.gov/Features/HealthyWedding/.  It’s not a joke! 

First, take a few days off from planning.  Spend some time with your FH.  Relax.

Second, I would buy a wedding planning binder or download one.  They really help you see all the details that go into weddings. 

Then, I would finalize a realistic budget.  There are lots of money saving tips listed on the Bee.  

Good luck!

Post # 8
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

You are not alone- I’ve found that since I’ve been engaged and had some family drama it feels like I belong to a “club” and I’ve started to hear wedding horror stories from friends/coworkers/etc. I swear engagements/weddings make people crazy and sometimes the worst tantrums come from those who you’d least expect.

Take a break, relax, and concentrate on what you & your Fiance really want. Everyone will have an opinion but the only ones that matter belong to you & your Fiance.

Good luck!

Post # 9
1463 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I am sorry you are trying to plan a wedding without the financial support of your FI’s parents. Then u have the issue of your Fiance converting. I will pray for you because I know it must be stressful. If the money is not there and you are feeling too overwhelmed ask your Fiance if he would want to elope and have a big reception. Maybe elope and have a big wedding when you can afford it. I must admit I wanted to elope but my Fiance would not hear of it. I would have been content to go to Vegas with some white jeans and have some fun. This is my first and his second wedding. I wanted to elope I didnt want the stress but Fiance decided it would be better for me to have a wedding planner; because I would have given up a long time ago if I had to do it by myself.

Post # 10
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

OMG you tooooooooo?????

Lady, it sounds like we are living identical lives.

I’ve decided to shorten my guest list to only have people I absolutely LOVE, and made the decision to forget about everyone but me and my hubby to be.. The day is for US, so that is who we will accomodate, no one else.

I like to tell myself I’ve planned the wedding so far in advance so that all this drama can be done early, and hopefully the New Year there will be nothing and no ONE left to stress us out.

The topic ‘356 days until the wedding and wow…it is not good’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors