(Closed) 36 Week Appt….

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

I didn’t have a c-section so I can’t help you there, but I did just have a baby so I know nothing goes as planned! You just have to be flexible and go with the flow, even though it’s harder said than done. I did skin on skin after for a little over an hour, she latched on, breastfed all in the hospital, and we still ended up having problems and I stopped after a week. Meanwhile I have two friends who had c-sections and had no issues breastfeeding. So you just never know.

Good luck!

Post # 4
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Sorry to hear things arent going as planned… is there any chance that the baby would have turned by next week?  I guess all you can do now is pray for the best, even if it doesnt go the way you wanted it as long as the baby comes out fine I’m sure you will be happy either way. all the best!!

Post # 5
828 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I’ve had a couple friends that this happened to – and they actually preferred their c-section to their other (natural/vaginal) births. They said it was quick, painless, and most importantly, the baby arrived without any complications/totally healthy and beautiful. 

Our son is due in December and though I’m planning on a natural (perhaps epidural assisted, if I feel like I can’t take it – who knows, I’ve never done this before) but I do realize that a c-section could be necessary and if it is, that’s it. I think of my friends that have had wonderful c-sections and their gorgeous babies and know that it will be okay, even if it’s not what I’m hoping for. 

You’ll do great! 

Post # 6
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Sorry in advance that this does not really answer your original questions, but I am curious: have you tried any of the positioning techniques to get the baby to turn on his own? The Spinning Babies website has some suggested positions. I have no C-section experience, but I think some hospitals will let you do a vaginal delivery with a breach baby depending on the exact position.

And I’m not sure if drinking liquids can help get your fluids up, but if you can get a few more weeks, maybe there is time for him to turn on his own.

Post # 7
423 posts
Helper bee

If I remember correctly didn’t KellyV have a c-section and I think she is Boyfriend or Best Friend Liv, even though she didn’t plan to.

Edit:  Sorry I meant to first say that I understand how you could be upset, but you have to keep your mind on just having a healthy baby, no matter how he/she comes into the world! 🙂  In a few weeks, you won’t forget, but your mind will be on other more important things! 🙂

Post # 8
1126 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

That totally sucks, and I’m really sorry that things aren’t going as you hoped/planned.  From my experience, unless the baby isn’t doing well (and that’s almost never the case), the baby is in your arms on the ride to the PACU from the OR (~30 minutes after the delivery), and at least at my hospital, we heavily encourage breastfeeding in the first hour, and will often leave you alone to have some bonding time even though you’re immediately post-op.  I know it’s scary and not ideal, but if you do have to have a C-section, it can still be a great experience.  You can see the baby as soon as it’s out (we usually hold the baby up over the curtain for both parents to see), Dad can still cut the cord, and in the same time it (sometimes) takes to deliver the placenta and repair a tear, you can finish the operation and still be a happy little family in recovery.  It’ll be okay.  Good luck!

Post # 9
1220 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Just had a c-section that wasn’t planned on (emergency after him getting stuck under pelvic bone) and they are totally ok.  First week post sucks but I’m almost 10 days out and feeling good.  Not normal but good.  

I would talk to your doctor/midwife for some info on how planned/scheduled ones god since at least at our hospital if I have more kids it’s something like check in at 6:30am, surgery at like 7:15, baby there after.  Really painless (pun intented).  Smile

I’ve realized that birth plans are for your own peace of mind.  They mean NOTHING once you get to the point of getting the kiddo out.  Breathe and go with the flow.  They have your best interest in mind.

Post # 10
2207 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Hiiiii! First off, I’m sorry your plans took a 180, that is tough. And DChokieBride is right. I had a csection and I now exclusively Boyfriend or Best Friend Liv. Search my post history and you’ll find my birth story for her. PM me and I’ll fill you in on the Boyfriend or Best Friend specifics. I promise you, a csection isn’t as bad as people make it out to be, especially if you don’t have to endure labor first. I felt almost totally normal by about 3 weeks postpartum, and 100% by week 6. My milk came in 2 days later (with a vengeance, holy hell my boobs were huge lol) and I had no issues holding her in position to feed. But pm me and I’ll give you my email address and get you more info! I’ll go look up the link to my birth story now for you

The topic ‘36 Week Appt….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors