(Closed) 37 and feeling blue :(

posted 8 years ago in 30 Something
Post # 3
3363 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I have a solution…..go get a manicure/pedicure!!!  Treat yourself!!  You deserve it and it will brighten your day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Age is just a number…and 37 is nowhere near old.  Or another good saying is “you are only young once, but you can be immature forever!”

Now, go treat yourself!!!   And have a great day!!

Post # 4
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

I couldn’t agree with heathaah more! I just turned 30 this year, and everyone was asking me if it was weird or if I felt like I was getting old…and to be honest, not really. I still feel like I’m way too young to be married, have a beautiful house with a good job and all of that, yet I have it!

I think treating yourself to a mani/pedi is a great idea! Or go shopping for an awesome new dress that you can wear the next time you and your husband go to dinner!

Post # 5
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I agree, spoil yourself a little today.  Go for a little pampering, take yourself out to dinner or get takeout from a favorite place, indulge in a little guilty pleasure tv or movie.  I know what you mean about thinking you should have accomplished more though.  My life, while very happy, is nowhere near what I always thought it would be when I was younger.  But this life suits me much better. 🙂  Happy Birthday!

Post # 6
14657 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Happy Birthday!  I just turned 30 and I was feeling so down about the number too… but then, just dont think about the number.  You feel great, look great, happy, healthy what else matters?  Should’ve, would’ve, could’ve, we’ve all got those, nothing really goes as planned, just live in the now and enjoy the journey you’ve had.

Post # 7
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Happy Birthday!  I agree with the others who suggested treating yourself to something like a manicure and pedicure.  I also think it’s OK to let yourself feel  a little down.  Birthdays bring out all kinds of emotions, don’t they?  Sometimes when I feel like life is passing me by and I haven’t reached certain goals yet, I read inspirational stories about people who accomplished things later in life.   It might make you feel so young in comparison and re-inspire you.  Lots of women, for example, talk about how life really begins at 40.  Maybe it would be a good day to think about all of the wonderful things that have happened in your life in the past few years and think about all the ways you and your new husband can celebrate this weekend! 

To answer your question, I was excited about 30, but 31 was hard.  There were several reasons why, but I felt really alone and it hit me that I was in my 30’s and felt like I needed to really start living like a grown-up.  But 32 and 33 were great birthdays! 

If nothing else, please make sure you eat some cake today! 

Post # 8
1331 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

I know how you feel, I just turned 35 a few weeks ago, and it was tough just saying that number, lol.  Especially when I’m so immature on the inside, but my body is aging so rapidly on the outside –j/k!   The bees have given some great advice, so please have a wonderful day and focus on all your blessings.  Life will keep getting better and better as we get older and wiser.  Think of all you’ve learned over the years, all the life experiences that have shaped you into the dynamic & sophisticated woman you are today!  Smile

Post # 9
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Honey, I am 51 and I do not consider myself to be old! Thirty-seven and you are just hitting your prime. Indulge a little, celebrate a lot!

The topic ‘37 and feeling blue :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors