(Closed) 37 Days Until The Wedding… So Emotional.. Can't Control Myself–HELP

posted 6 years ago in June 2014
Post # 18
773 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Gold Hill Gardens

Yeah, I’ve been finding that when I hear songs we’ve picked for the wedding or reception I get misty. Even if it’s something like Living on a Prayer! Yesterday that one got me because it was the first song my fiancé suggested on his own, without prompting. And it’s just one of the “play at reception” song, not being used for anything important! Gahhhhhh . . . So many emotions!

Post # 19
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Easton\'s Beach Rotunda Ballroom

Nickig_4:  heehee your dream self is awesome. My dream self just goes “crapcrapcrapcrapcrap” 

My fingers are crossed for you that your sleep becomes more restful 🙂

Post # 20
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

My wedding is 17 months away and I have had 2 wedding day nightmares already! I don’t even want to think how I will be a month away from our date!

Post # 21
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Mine are always that I show up at the wedding unprepared. I have the same two dreams fairly regularly – in one, my bridesmaids and I just forget to go to the salon the morning of the wedding. So in that dream, we’re just chilling in the hotel room, chatting about how relaxed we are and how much time we had to just hang out, and then it’s time for the ceremony and we realize that none of us have our hair or makeup done. The next one is similar, but it’s that I show up to the ceremony in just my regular everyday clothes/hair/makeup because I somehow just neglected to do anything to get ready. Luckily my dream-self is way more chill than me and in both dreams is just like “meh” but then I wake up and go WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

Post # 22
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Not going to lie .. I’ve been quite emotional too! And its not helping that I’m technically due for my period next weekend (The weekend of the wedding) .. but going to jump right into my next bc pill pack to try to avoid AF. 

The stress certainly hasn’t helped but I’ve been trying to internalize a lot of things which is why I think I’ve been having a few nightmares related to the wedding lately. I just need to keep busy with other things so I don’t concentrate on wedding (most planning is completed anyway). 

I’m probably no good at giving advice on how to relax since I, myself, have been unable to haha

Post # 23
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Nickig_4:  I definitely feel the same way. I’ve been really scared too- I think it’s just the scariness of life happening that goes on at all these milestones

Post # 24
9595 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

I feel this way because I am getting engaged in the next few weeks I think. Every ring pic/proposal story/say yes to the dress/thought of weddings makes me cry. I am having marriaged related anxiety dreams. I have all the feels. Its a good thing 🙂

Emotions are just like the weather- we cant always control them. If theyre overwhelming you just adknowledge them, ride it out, and send them on their way. Theyre feels not facts. Congrats!

Post # 25
788 posts
Busy bee

This seems very normal. Tomorrow I hit the teens in my countdown and I am a WRECK! I sit at home, getting work done when I realize “Holy crap, we still have a bill due to the florist, we have GOT to meet with our DJ, and how on earth can I handle this? Why did I do this! I JUST WANTED TO ELOPE!” And then I call my fiance and he tells me to use my coping tools and I spend the next 45 minutes deep breathing until I have calmed down enough to not feel nauseous anymore. 

As for the dreams…If you’re dreaming about things going wrong it just means that it’s important to you. My worst nightmare so far was actually super comforting. I was in my hometown (5 hours from where we’re getting married) at a class reunion and someone asked us when the wedding was. We answered that it was “tomorrow”. Then I went into full-blown anxiety mode (in the dream) because we were 5 hours away and it was already 10 p.m. We’d have to drive all night, get almost no sleep, and then start the day exhausted. On top of that, things weren’t finished. I didn’t have a bouquet or anything in place. So we wound up driving all night, got to our destination, set things up, decided to use solar powered lawn ornaments (please don’t ask me why) in place of a bouquet, and I was ready to walk down the aisle. And even though everything in that dream went wrong, I got up to that altar and looked into my fiance’s eyes and I knew that everything was fine because I was marrying the only person that mattered to me in that moment. 

Long story short, feel free to break down, don’t overanalyze, and just as long as you’re not on a murderous rampage, or acting like those crazy women on “Bridezillas” you’re good!

The topic ‘37 Days Until The Wedding… So Emotional.. Can't Control Myself–HELP’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors