38 and TTC?

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
7821 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

I conceived at 38 and lost that baby at 11 weeks. I conceived again at 39 and had my baby 1 month before my 40th birthday. She is now 7 months old.

Post # 3
1192 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Keep an eye on your cycles and seek help after 6 months.  If you don’t have regular cycles, then seek help now.

Post # 4
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I got pregnant for the first time when I was 36 and that ended in a mc and then I had my son at 37 and now at 39 am ttc again for number 2 🙂

Post # 6
8114 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

summerrain123 :  no tips but I have 2 cousins that both conceived naturally in their late 30s/early 40s. It is definitely possible!

Post # 7
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I have two kids — one born when I was 36 and the other at 38.5. Both healthy babies with uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries. Good luck! 

Post # 8
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

My mom had me at 38 (that was 41 years ago when anything over 30 was considered super old) no complications, healthy baby! 

Post # 9
4133 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I got married at 38 and started TTC right away. I did have a mc, and then Got pregnant right around my 39th birthday and had Dear Daughter, who is now 3. When she was a year old, we started TTC again, I had another mc, and then I got pregnant just before my 41st birthday. DS is now just over a year old. 

No fertility interventions, although I did take progesterone supplements after O. Both kids are happy and healthy. 

Post # 10
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I was 37 almost 38 when I had my second child. I did have a MC before him. I also got pregnant at 40, but MC at 14 weeks. I’m now pregnant again at 41 (13 weeks) hopefully all is well. I’ll be 42 when it’s born if I’m lucky. Good luck! It can totally be done. 

Post # 11
775 posts
Busy bee

It’s definitely possible! My mom got pregnant with my sister accidentally at 42! Depending on how serious you are though I wouldn’t really try the NTNP method, if it were me I would go right to temping, using OPKs, timing intercourse, etc. rather than taking a laid back approach first. To be fair though I did all that when we were TTC just becacuse I’m crazy. 

Post # 12
9204 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

yeah, have sex, lots of it. 

plenty of women get pregnant later in the life with no issues.  35 isn’t the dreaded age people think it is.

watch the babies episode of Adam Ruins Everything.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors