(Closed) 38 and TTC?

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 17
409 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

My mom had my sister @ 39 – perfectly healthy, and doesn’t sound like it took very long to concieve.

Regarding MC stats, just remember that it’s more likely you’ll have a healthy baby than not!

Post # 19
335 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

We started trying around my 38th birthday. First  I had two miscarriages – one a partial molar, which is sadly more common at my (our) age – but then I conceived again naturally just after turning 39.  18 weeks and going strong so far, fingers crossed. 

Post # 20
3172 posts
Sugar bee

At least keep up with your information through some kind of app. I used Ovia. That way, if nothing happens after six months, then you can seek medical intervention with proof of everything. My doctor says it’s totally normal for two healthy adults to take up to a year to conceive, just FYI. Hopefully, it won’t take that long for you. 

Post # 23
894 posts
Busy bee

I conceived my first at 37, she was born when I was 38. We’ve been trying for #2 for 6 months now. Just going through all the testing. Due to my age (39), I feel we may need to consider IVF. It’s difficult.

Post # 25
894 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
summerrain123 :  thanks. I do feel lucky to have such an amazing daughter already. I keep trying to remind myself that even if we don’t have another, I’m still so fortunate to be her mom.

all the best to you on your journey!

Post # 27
1301 posts
Bumble bee

I had my first baby at 37, got pg on the 2nd cycle… no issues, easy pregnancy and delivery, too. On the day she was born, I went to water aerobics in the morning, then I came home and cut the lawn, and made dinner 🙂

I wasn’t trying to get pg the second time. Had an ‘oops’ baby at 39.5.  I swear, the month we conceived my dh was travelling alot for work, so I still don’t know I got pregnant. I told him, I’m pretty sure I got pregnant just from using your soap when you were away…. 🙂 I had a ‘normal’ type delivery with my son… not as easy as my first, but nothing like the horror stories that people tell you. 

good luck, bee. Everyone is different and I know I was one of the fortunate ones, but I too had regular cyles and was in good health beforehand so I am sure that played a role.

Post # 28
575 posts
Busy bee

Conceived naturally on the second month of trying at 37, child born when I was 38.  My friend, who is the same age as me had her second at the same time, without even trying (messed up her bc).

The topic ‘38 and TTC?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors