(Closed) 38 weeks and not dilated :/

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Not exactly, but I stayed at 1 cm from 36 to 39 weeks. I was 1 cm at my 39 week appointment, and my cervix was extremely high, and I went into labor 2 days later!

Post # 3
9818 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Try not to worry, you can not be dilated and go into labor the next day or you can walk around 2-3 cm dilated for weeks. Mine was closed until 39 weeks I was a fingertip dilated and maybe 50% effaced, mine never changed beyond that though and I was induced after 41w.  2 weeks is still a lot of time for things to get going although the reality is it’s just an estimate and statistically you are just as likely to have your baby after your due date as before.

Post # 4
9086 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Even if you were dilated, it doesn’t mean much. I was 3 cm/50% on my 37th week and I am now almost 41 weeks — no labor. Because of it, I get the pleasure of being induced on Wednesday.

Post # 5
4028 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
PSUgirl08:  At my 39 week appt I was only dilated 1 cm. My water broke two days later! It doesn’t mean a thing either way, and I personally wouldn’t bother to go through the discomfort and potential bacteria risk in the future knowing it means nothing. Good luck, hope you meet your babe soon!

Post # 6
2444 posts
Buzzing bee

I was completely closed on 39+1 and my water broke on 39+5.

Post # 7
3729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
PSUgirl08:  I was the same dilation from 36-38 weeks. At 38w6d I was dilated another centimeter and was told they’d see me 5 days later. I had my son 3 hours later.

Post # 8
3008 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
PSUgirl08:  I was only 1 cm dilated at 38+6. It really doesn’t mean anything. I went into labor two days later, six days before my actual due date. Best of luck to you!

Post # 9
1624 posts
Bumble bee

I wasn’t dilated at 41 weeks. My cervix was dumb and didn’t understand that it was time to open up and deliver the baby already. Hope this also doesn’t happen to you

Post # 10
4255 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

My first, I went into labour at 40w 3d.  But in labour I went from 1cm to 3cm in 3 hours…  and then 3cm to pushing in 1 hour.  Everyone was shocked, except my midwife, lol.  How your cervix is today means nothing.  😉  

Post # 11
2251 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

You still technically have 2 weeks left.  Anything can happen from now on.  Meanwhile,  go treat yourself to some shopping in the mall,  go for a walk,  have some sex,  clean your house,  have some more sex,  and you’ll see your baby very soon! 

Post # 12
697 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Me! Barely 1cm dilated for 4 weeks. Went into labor and had baby day before due date. Next baby, 1cm dilated and delivered on due date. Dilation and effacement really mean little when it comes to predicting when you will go into labor or deliver. 

Post # 13
2121 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - DD born 2015 DS born 2017

My baby was sunny side up the entire end until she turned at some point during labour, which meant she wasn’t pressing down on my cervix and I was 0cm until my due date check, then 1cm dilated at 40 weeks. I went into labour spontaneously at 41w2d.

Post # 14
1220 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Today 6/10 is my due date and no signs of dilation or impending labor :-/ 

Post # 15
4426 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
PSUgirl08:  I was dilated, but made it almost a full 5 weeks with barely any progress. I was appx 1 1/2-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced for that entire time. I freaked out at my 35-week check up because it was too soon and then cried after my 39-week checkup because not much had changed. I went into labor and gave birth at 39+5. So, really, it doesn’t mean much until it’s showtime. 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  KatiePi.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  KatiePi.

The topic ‘38 weeks and not dilated :/’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors