3520 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m so sorry to hear that.  (((hug)))

Post # 4
3255 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@cincity75: That totally sucks… does Darling Husband have a reliable job that can carry you through this tough time?

Post # 5
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

wow sorry to hear about this, hope you find something else fast. For the mean time I would just apply for any similarly paying jobs even if they arent directly in  your field of study

Post # 6
1909 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@cincity75: Oh no! That is terrible. How are you holding up?

Post # 8
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Enjoy the time off while you can to focus on little details with the wedding.  Enjoy the unemployement.  Just think of it as getting paid to finalize your wedding.  Another opportunity will present itself!! :o)

Post # 9
4547 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I can empathize! I lost my job last year, 4 months before the wedding. At that point, all our deposits were paid, but we still had about half of the payments still to make. It was very stressful and frustrating….BUT I think it strengthened our marriage because we got through that time together. Here’s to hoping you find another job fast!

Post # 10
2701 posts
Sugar bee

I know exactly what you’re going through, in fact I wrote a post very similar to this one a few months ago! I hate to be a cliche but everything happens for a reason! I wish you luck and hope that something opens up for you very soon. Btw, get the ball rolling on the unemployment thing right away so you at least have some income coming in until you get a new job.

Post # 11
3303 posts
Sugar bee

Very sorry to hear- sending you job vibes!

Post # 12
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Oh no!! I totally feel for you Frown

My fiance and I used to work at the same restaurant together, and we both were laid off at the same time 8 months before the wedding. I can’t even imagine if it had happened just over a month before! 

Post # 13
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

That sucks!  You can always get a small job on the side while in search for something else.  That will help you still have some extra spending cash for your wedding stuff.  I have a friend that had the same thing happen to her just 5 months before her wedding.  She started selling Mary Kay and that helped her out a ton.  She’s still doing it and doing really well with it that she’s almost considering just doing it and stopping her job hunt.  They are thinking about starting a family right away and that would help her to spend more time at home.  Anyways, just a thought.  It could always help soften the blow.

Post # 14
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@cincity75: Remember the first thing to do is call your school loan department to deferred your payment for forebearance not sure what your payment are but if they are like mine $300 a month that is a savings just remember to make copies of paystubs since they request proof.

I am sorry to hear that. God does not give you battles that he knows you cannot overcome.  You have life, and can go on.

Post # 15
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

i feel your pain. Allstate unexpectly fired me in oct 8 months before my wedding, well my fiance and i paid for our wedding ourselves on a 5000 budget for 150 people for a formal wedding. i was unemployed for 4 months until i found a job witht the state and moved to a whole different city to find work 4 hours away from my fiance. seriously one of the hardest things. only saw each other once or twice a month and planning a wedding on my own sucked!!! but since you only have a month left focus on your wedding and in the mean time dont stress.

Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I just moved to Michigan like 2 yrs ago and have been working in my career field the whole time and I just got fired this week. 
One month before my wedding. Everything has the deposit down but we have to finish paying a few things that day (DJ, photographer). 
I don’t know how to feel about it. I love the career but HATED the workplace, I was losing my passion for it and really needed something new to come along. I just didn’t think it would happen like this, a lot of lies going on and nobody asked me my side of the story…anyway its pretty upsetting for me too.
I’m a person that has to work, I have to stay busy somehow or I’ll go nuts. But I can’t really start a job right away since the wedding is in a different state and we’re taking about 2 weeks off. 
I needed to vent because I’m feeling lost about all of this. I don’t even know if I want to stay in this career field anymore which is also tearing my mind apart since I finished school and have to pay loans back for it. Seems like such a waste now. 

The topic ‘39 days before my wedding and I lose my job:( [email protected]@@’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors