(Closed) 39 days until my wedding…. Cystic ACNE..??!?

posted 5 years ago in Beauty
Post # 31
427 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

View original reply
countingstars:  
I thought it was gross when I first read about it. Now that I do it, I really love the clean feeling my mouth feels. Like… before my oil pulling days, even when I brushed, my teeth would feel clean, but sometimes it wasn’t squeeky clean. Now that I’ve been doing it for over a year, I LOVE the feeling after I’ve OP’d and brushed. It makes me feel more confident about my oral health, because since I’ve gotten braces I’ve had moments of insecurities. Havin braces can be trying.

I oil pull anywhere from 5mins-30mins. Mornings are usually shorter 5-15mins. When I enterinto my bathroom, I pop my braces out (invisalign), put them in a cup of water. Then I take a quarter-half of a teaspoon, i just eyeball it now, like the size of a nickel-quarter dollop.  I pop it into my mouth and let it melt for 15secs, and then i start swishing. This is when i do my entire morning routine. Some mornings I have time for a shower, so I oil pull while I shower. Other mornings I just wash and prep my face and do make up, all the while oil pulling. and then the last thing I do before I’m out of bathroom is I brush my teeth, clean my braces and pop them back in my mouth. So whether or not I oil pull or not, it doesn’t change my morning routine, cuzz it’s all the same. 

For evenings, it’s a bit easier, I usually oil pull for 15-30mins.  I either do it during my nightly routine, but if I have a later night snack, and then I will pop a spoon of coconut oil in my mouth while I’m reading, on my tablet/pc or watching tv. So, it’s really only 10-30 mins of the evening before I go to bed that I’m not talking to my Fiance, but it’s not a big deal. Sometimes I end my oil pulling early if I want to respond to something or I’ll just start over again.  My Fiance teases me about it, he always says ‘finally, silence…” ahahaha, he does  roll his eyes at me over OP’ing, but I really do feel a difference, my teeth don’t feel as brittle.

The taste. I like the taste of coconut oil now. I didn’t mind it at first, took me 2 weeks to get used to. the texture or consistency is something to get accustomed to. I HATE the taste of oil pulling with Olive oil and Sesame oil, it feels like you have a mouthful of OIL.  Coconut oil isn’t sweet and it’s very fragrant.  Plus, I find my breath isn’t as odorous after a meal.  It stays fresh much longer than before I oil pulled. It’s not an effect I was looking to achieve, but I’ll take it as a side perk, ha. I haven’t seen any cons to oil pulling and there is a big list of Pros for oil pulling.  I am glad I added it to my routine and it hasn’t been hard at all.  It’s not even a chore to me, I like it and enjoy doing it. 

Post # 32
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

If you’re having a hard time getting into a dermatologist or finding a good esthetician I use an online provider who sends prescription medications via mail. They may be able to send in a script for a round of antibiotics for you on the cheap (if they believe that is what would help).

I send her pictures of my skin every 6 weeks or so along with a message about what skin troubles I’ve been having/what’s been working and in return she prescribes medications either topically or orally along with adjunctive product recommendations.

Here is a link to a free month if you want to try it out! I love it, it saved my skin for my wedding.

https://curology.com/invite/XTQBM9G

Post # 33
427 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

View original reply
newlywedbee2015:  Hey Bee
I do the cleansing, toner and moisturizing both morning and night.  I do use make up after I moisturize.  I don’t know if it affects anything, but I use primer before my foundation. I’m currently loyal to bb creams for foundation if that affects anything.  I tried other types and my face reacts like a hot mess and always flakes outta control. Whereas with bb cream, it has the coverage and keeps my skin moisturized all day/night long. 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  fluffykaiju. Reason: words

The topic ‘39 days until my wedding…. Cystic ACNE..??!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors