(Closed) 39 minutes late and counting…

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 32
2946 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@MRSsrm85:  Oh my God. You’re way more patient than I am. I’d have walked out about the time the bridesmaids were walking down the aisle even if this was my brother or best friend getting married. Then to be so casual about it?!? Eat a bag of dicks, assholes.

ETA: Holy crap. No cocktails for cocktail hour?? Seriously, grab your gift and go find a nice restaurant, lol.

Post # 33
1926 posts
Buzzing bee

I freaking love that you’re live-blogging a wedding. Cracks me up.

Post # 35
839 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

View original reply
@MRSsrm85:  Wait, so not only is this wedding completely disorganized, the bridesmaids are expected to bring wine to the tables? Wut…

Post # 36
1926 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MRSsrm85:  BOOOOOO HISS

Start drinking though, it might get funnier.

Post # 37
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
@MRSsrm85:  Unlimited bad wine?

Seriously, it would take everything in me not to leave early and tell them “well, we planned on leaving at 8, but we’ll leave at 7 becauser we know how you are…”

I cannot believe that was intensional!  I hope you didn’t get them something extra nice.  Hell, I’d be tempted to get nothing and say “time is money and you got me an extra hour per your invitiation.”  Okay, I wouldn’t, but I would be really steamed.

Post # 38
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
@MRSsrm85:  What is the venue??  (I’m in RDU too….we spent the day watching Carolina get their butts kicked in Chapel Hill)

Post # 39
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’d be so beyond pissed, I would never pull that kind of crap and if someone did it to me I’d freaking want to walk out.  Drink lots and lots of that bad wine!!!

Post # 40
4045 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Oh my gosh. A full HOUR? 15 minutes, sure. But an hour? Hell to the no.

Please keep the updates coming!

Post # 41
Hostess
11163 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@MRSsrm85:  The last two weddings I have attended (one last weekend) did this and it really pisses me off. I get that you want your guests to be there but please don’t treat them like idiots. If you say youu are going to start at 3 pm start at 3 pm, or as close as possible.

I went to a wedding in May that purposely started almost an hour late. They told their guests an hour earlier to prevent any late arrivals. Unfotunately those of us that arrived on time had to sit in the VERY hot sun over memorial weekend with sweat rolling down our backs. Not okay.

Post # 44
4844 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

wowwww intentionally? That really puts some of the guests on the spot. Pretty darn nervy. 

Post # 45
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
@MRSsrm85:  

What does it mean by bad wine?

The topic ‘39 minutes late and counting…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors