722 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

that is frustrating. i think that is rude to do to guests

Post # 50
838 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2008

It’s very easy to criticize every part of someone else’s wedding ladies, even when they did something like start late…

however, let’s remember that some of you would be in TEARS and posting your heart away about just how hurt you were if people said these things about you. Don’t give it if you can’t take it (and I’m just not talking about timing). Remember, someone could probably have gone to each and every one of your weddings and found something they’d find horrible, tacky or gross.

Juss sayin’ cuz some of y’all are sensitive as hell (now let the claws come out)

Post # 52
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@DJones69:  +1. Live updates criticising somebody else’s wedding is incredibly rude. 

Post # 53
838 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MRSsrm85:  But would you have the balls to approach them in person and tell them, including that you are posting live updates about THEIR wedding in which they are paying for and you are an invited (free) guest to?

No… see, you’re not that brave.

Post # 55
838 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@pink lantern:  I’ll add tacky, immature and in poor taste. Maybe they’ll give out class as a wedding favor.

Post # 56
838 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MRSsrm85:  No, what you’re saying is that they started late, the bridesmaids brought out bad wine (GASP), the bar wasn’t open, there’s no food at cocktail hour…

that’s a whole lot more than, how sad, the DJ got their names wrong and YOU appear worse than they do in this situation. You’ve got some growing up to do. You should be ashamed, but you’re not because you’re being rooted on by the rest of the folks who seem to find your behavior completely acceptable.

Post # 58
2324 posts
Buzzing bee

c’mon bees ! If you don ‘t like it, move on.

i am looking forward to reading about what I can do to avoid mishaps otherwise not though of. 

This isnt the 1 st post where a wedding recap is given by a guest & it wont be the last.

op, look forward to reading it!

Post # 59
838 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MRSsrm85:  No, because this forum is more for the young and immature and I prefer to allow those who may have people in their circles like you to see what they’re up against when they invite you to their events.

Not only that, maybe one day when you grow up, you’ll see just how ridiculous you appear

Post # 60
2324 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@DJones69:  chill. Out. 

they were the first impressions. move to another thread.

Post # 61
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Our wedding ended up running 30 minutes late but it was due to bad weather. Our weather channel said 10% chance of rain and it POURED. Everything was set up and ready outside and the poor groosmen had to run around and rush to set up everything inside. It ended up pushing everything back and our pictures were rushed. But ours was understandable. I wouldn’t push back a wedding that much because of late guests intentionally. That just seems kind of rude especially because I’m the type of person who has to be early to things lol.

The topic ‘39 minutes late and counting…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors