(Closed) 39 Weeks-Baby Breech

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
861 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

happyhealthy87:  I had basically the same thing happen to me, but I found out at 34 weeks! Everyone was telling me that baby’s head was nice and low, and it was baby’s butt the whole time. Baby never flipped, and we tried the ECV, which was a big fail. I cried and cried because I had imagined this movie style vaginal birth where I phoned my husband at work, and we went to the hospital together, and I laboured away. So anyway, they scheduled the c-section at 39 weeks, and my water broke at 38w3d. After all the worrying about the c-section, I had a great experience and a really smooth recovery! So it wasn’t the birth I wanted, but it still turned out okay. And at 39 weeks there is almost no chance of the baby turning, especially if you’re a first time mom, so I would prepare for a c-section, and maybe you will get lucky! 

Post # 17
1178 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Honestly my C section recovery was very smooth. I do recommend you take your pain meds religiously for few days. It’s much harder to chase pain way then it is to keep it away by taking the meds on time.

Post # 18
1402 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Can I ask why you’re not a good candidate for ECV? I only ask because my LO flipped breech at around 34 weeks and she was successfully turned at 39. And I just want to say that your provider should have absolutely picked up the position by now, over hear it’s standard practice to palpate and measure at every appointment from around 24 weeks.

The topic ‘39 Weeks-Baby Breech’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors