Post # 1
Buying a home is such drama!
1) Issues getting offer accepted
2) Lender #1 fell through
3) Lender #2 doesn’t get title until day before we were set to close.
4) Closing is moved from Thursday to Friday.
5) Closing get’s moved to monday at 2pm, I had a 1pm mtg with my accountant for taxes, told realtor that I couldn’t be there by two and after all the drama he decided they could wait on me for a change.
6) Closing gets moved from Monday at 2pm to 4pm, good thing?
7) at 4pm we still didn’t know how much to bring to closing. I’m also now multitasking WHILE with my accountant doing taxes, calling the lender who NO ONE can get a hold of!
8) 6pm, lender and seller still have not approved HUD, no one is still answering their phone.
9) We have to bring 5k more to the table than expected
10) Closing moved to today, Tuesday at 4:30pm
11) Spend all morning on phone with Realtor and lender to find up where the huge F up is coming from.
12) Go back to bank for a $70 check to cover the added costs
13) Maybe at 4:30 we’ll get keys???? grrrrrr
Thanks for all the support through all of this, I’m so ready for it to end!
Post # 3
Oh my God! You poor thing 🙁 Ive been reading all the drama thats been going on and I completely feel your pain. I hope everything goes smoothly today and you can close!!
Do you mind if I ask why you have to bring $5K more than expected? Im going through a lot of drama myself and don’t know what I would do if I find that out now!!
Post # 4
Well, they told us initially the price and that was fine. Then something happened and they were like, GOOD NEWS, you have to bring $7k less! Basically, we have no idea how that happened or where they pulled that number from. We’re now 2k under the original price, but of course, it’s a bummer to use that extra you thought we could put into floors and stuff.
Post # 5
Oh man! What a process! We’ll definitely be sending you good house vibes. I hope it all happens for you today!
Post # 6
Oh boy! I hope they can get it together and close today!
Post # 7
What a process! 6 months from now, you will hardly remember all this!
Post # 8
Geesh.. that sounds like more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I seriously hope you get the keys today. Delays are so irritating, I mean really. Everyone’s time is precious, and it’s a huge inconvenience to have to juggle your schedule around at the last second. OMG. Huge pet peeve when people switch gears without warning.
Post # 9
**Fingers crossed that it’s all going well!**
Post # 10
Awww I was hoping to read you closed yesterday but wow it sounds like they need to get their act together! Have they decided not to charge you for closing late? I’m sorry this must be driving you crazy!! Soon you will have the keys & not have to worry about all this craziness 🙂
Post # 11
Good luck! Hope it happens today!