Post # 1
I posted this over on hellobee but I’ll post it here too since not everyone is on hellobee
So I’m a few days away from being in my 3rd trimester and was just wondering what others in their early 3rd trimester are up to. I’m not sure if I’m ahead of myself or behind. What have you bought so far? What is on you to do list?
So Far I have bought or (received for free)
- Crib Dresser
- Changing table
- Diaper bag Baby tub
- 3 outfits in the 6-9 month size
- Baby sling
- Nursing cover
- Travel system (stroller & carseat combo)
- Baby stereo and 1 baby CD
Things on my To do list are:
- Cloth diaper stash + accessories
- Crib mattress
- Crib Bed sheets
- Breast pump
- disposable diapers for the 1st few weeks
- Can of formula (just in case)
- More baby outfits
Thats about all I can remember for now
Post # 3
Ummm, almost everything is still on my to-do list:
- Get baby items out of the attic. Get everything washed, put away, and/or set-up (bouncy seat, co-sleeper, etc…).
- Buy the new baby items we need.
- Get the infant car seat installed.
- Pack a hospital bag and write up care instructions for Dirty Delete to give to her daycare provider and our friends, who will be watching her.
- Contact the church about a baptism date.
- Prepare birth announcements.
- Make a couple months worth of freezer meals.
Post # 4
My 3rd starts on Thursday! I can’t believe it!!
We have so much to do!!
We have a crib (not built yet) and a a dresser/changing table combo. We have painted, and the new carpet goes in Friday.
We need to get some cordless blinds installed, replace the downstairs carpet with flooring, pick up the recliner for her room, paint her bookshelf and wall ledge which are currently unfinsihed. We also need to buy and install permanent gates (replace the doggie gates with child-safe ones), and pick out a diaper bag.
Childbirth classes start Feb 2nd! And we need to begin looking for a pediatrician.
Post # 5
I’m 29 weeks & still have EVERYTHING to do. The next 2 months are incredibly busy so I’m hoping I can take the month of march for baby prep. =/… Maybe I’ll have some “nesting” energy going on by then too. Lol
Post # 6
I’m in the same boat as @amnystik:. We still have pretty much everything left to do! We did just purchase a car seat and extra base, but they’re not installed in our cars yet. Most of our major baby purchases have not been made yet though. We’re going to wait until our shower next week, and then will have to quickly start filling in with all of the things that we haven’t received. We’re on a waitlist for daycare in the town where we’ll be living after she turns 4 months old. We don’t have a pediatrician yet. We’re in the process of hiring a doula right now. I’m generally feeling pretty stressed out about all of the things we still have to do!
Post # 7
@skibobrown: find relief in knowing you’re not alone! I work in my moms non-profit & we have 2 events between now & mid-march along with her bookkeeping business which of course it’s tax season…. Oh & my own baby shower in a few weeks. I’m praying that by March I get a minute to prepare… Especially since baby & DS will be sharing a room. I have some MAJOR redecorating & moving of furniture/rooms to do! Eek!!!!!
Post # 8
I basically have everything to do as well, and I’m nearly 34 weeks!
I haven’t had my baby showers yet (this Saturday and next) and I purposefully waited to buy items until after the shower to see what I get.
But, I still have things I’m doing.
- Finish painting baby dresser (we’re repurposing the same dresser I had growing up!)
- Finish cube/shelf storage (my Darling Husband is building it!)
- Paint picture frames and put wall art into them
- Pre-wash/Strip all my cloth diapers
- Finish making cloth wipes from all my receiving blankets I received as hand-me-downs
- Hang curtains
- Finish my DIY projects for the baby room, mostly décor stuff like pennant banner
- Finish writing birth plan
- Pack birth center bag
- Make birth announcements/decide on design
- File our taxes as soon as we get our W2s so that we don’t have to worry about it once baby gets here!
- Wash all baby clothes, put them away
- Buy remaining “needed” items off registry
- Put away rest of gifts/items
- Write Thank-you’s
- Follow up with friends/family who offered me hand-me downs to determine what I’ll still need (one friend offered me her changing table!!)
Post # 9
Il be 31 weeks on monday and ive got
-outfits for hopsital (havnt found out the sex)
-pram and car seat
-a few packs of diapers
& thats about it.
Shower in 2 weeks then i’ll start getting a shimmy on.
Post # 10
I am 31 weeks today! YAY! We have our travel system (car seat/stroller combo), nursing cover, sling, moby wrap, 1 diaper bag, TONS of clothes (gifted to us), glass bottles, and few other odds and ends.
We still need to finish:
*Paying birthing center fees
*Find pediatritian that will accept babies from out of hospital births
*Pack my bag
*Have my baby shower (coming up REALLY soon)
*Purchase pack and play/crib
*Deep clean the apartment
Turning that into an official list makes me SO nervous.
Post # 11
Shit, I have to get our cloth diapers too….
Post # 12
I’m almost 29 weeks and we still have a lot to do. But luckily we aren’t setting up a nursery until we move into our new place in September, so the baby gets to shack up with us–DH has to put together the bassinet.
I just made the switch to a birth center this week.
We found our pediatrician 2 weeks ago!
My shower is Feb. 25th. (Not going to buy an outfit for baby girl yet because we might get something I like at the shower)
Childbirth class Feb. 4/5
We have a bassinet/crib, car seat, strollers, some of our cloth diaper stash, lots of outfits.
Still need to:
Major cleaning in apartment (throwing stuff away/rearranging items)
Pack a bag for me, Darling Husband, family for birth center.
Wash baby clothes we’ve received.
Do our taxes!
Take an infant CPR class
Purchase must have items that we don’t get at the shower (we’ll do that early March)