4-5 day long weekend trip recommendations

posted 3 months ago in Travel
Post # 2
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Clearwater Beach Florida is gorgeous, I think it is actaully still #1 for the most beautiful beach in America! (I am assuming you are from Montreal Canada and not Montreal California?) I am not sure about the logistics but I wouldn’t think it would be a long flight, also.. I have heard Maine is beautiful in September, along the coast…  I haven’t been yet but it is on my list!

Post # 4
772 posts
Busy bee

New England in general is gorgeous that time of year and there are some great accessible destinations for you! Boston for the big city feel, Vermont for nature/hiking, Cape Cod for beaches, Portland Maine for a combo. 

What do you like to do?

Post # 5
504 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

lovetotravel02092017 :  What about San Diego? Just as a different beach/warm option. I traveled there once for work and honestly, would like to go back. I stayed in the Gaslamp Quarter and loved the entire vibe, beautiful city and it seemed like there was a lot to do and explore for whatever your interests may be! Not sure how long of a flight that would be for you, since it is across the country BUT I’m sure you could find a direct flight with no layovers. 

I would also suggest Colorado! Consider staying in an area like Estes Park. Youd be there in prime time for elk movement, so you would get to see some really neat wildlife. Again, its a pretty far trip but I’m sure you could find direct flights and 4-5 days would be a sufficent trip to relax and enjoy the area! 

Post # 6
376 posts
Helper bee

What kind of things do you like? Do you want to sit on a beach or explore a city? 

Post # 7
468 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

If you like nature and the outdoors, it’s a beautiful time of year to visit Vancouver, Seattle, or Portland, OR (although someone else suggested Portland, ME, which I also love!). There’s lots to do outside those cities as well. Mount Rainier National Park is amazing, the Oregon coast is beautiful, etc.

Post # 8
816 posts
Busy bee

I always love going to the Finger Lakes in NY. Watkins Glen State Park is beautiful, and So. Many. Wineries.

Post # 10
468 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

deannamarie :  One of my absolute favorite places! I went to school in the area so I may be biased.

Post # 11
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - Sandpoint, ID

Sandpoint, Idaho. http://visitsandpoint.com/

It is a small tourist town but so much to do! A huge beautiful lake, mountains to hike, a ski resort that has fun activities at the top in the Summer. It has its own small village on the top with restaurants and a couple hotels. Lots of great restaurants to visit. A city beach to go to, and if you went here, you have to stop at Joel’s. Their food is amazing and sooo cheap!

Only about a 30 minute drive from here (heading North), there is also Snow Creek Falls. There is an upper and lower falls you can hike to and a wildlife reserve area you can drive around and sometimes see moose, deer, eagles, etc. 

Also, Silverwood Theme Park is about a 40 minute drive South. 

Post # 12
1578 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

Saguenay/Charlevoix!!

It’s within driving distance from you.

You can see the whales in Tadoussac at that time of year as they migrate. That region is just stunning scenery and amazing food! Can’t go wrong! 

Rent bikes for a day, visit little art studios. Nice spas. Super relaxing but also lots to do!

Post # 13
299 posts
Helper bee

I vote for Bar Harbor, Maine. Acadia National Park is pretty big and it can take you a few days to explore. You could also do a lighthouse tour by boat. If you want to include a big city, Portland is only a 3-hour drive from there and they have great restaurants. 

Post # 14
1528 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

I was also going to recommend San Diego. We just spent 4 days there over the 4th and it was amazing (I’ve been many times before though, prior to meeting my husband). 

Theres a lot to do – beaches, hiking, museums, Seaworld, lots of neat dining options too. And you’re a quick drive to LA or Disneyland. 

Post # 15
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

You don’t want a long drive or flight so I would recommend staying on the east coast like Bermuda, Boston or upstate New York area.  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors