5890 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

im doing this!! and they will all be wearing different dresses, too

Post # 7
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m not a fan of the idea… I’ve seen it done before with black and pink, and I thought it looked less cohesive than a single color would have.  What about one color for the dress, another color for a sash?

Post # 8
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think that will be cute! I like that picture @julies1949: posted of the different sashes and things! You should make different, fun bouquets too!

Post # 9
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I think that is a great idea. I toyed with having my MOH’s (my two sisters) in a different color, but they both liked the color (also watermelon pink) I had picked so I just stuck with one color.

Post # 10
5148 posts
Bee Keeper

My sister’s wedding did this. We alternated pink and forrest green dresses.

Post # 12
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I plan on doing this (with 6 girls and 3 colors). I think that since they’ll be the same length and fabric but in different dresses they choose (so they suit them best), they’ll be cohesive but not matchy-matchy. I say go for it, or if you’re concerned, maybe just have your Maid/Matron of Honor in pink and the other 3 in blue. 

Post # 13
5148 posts
Bee Keeper

It looked really good! I don’t have pictures because it was like 13 years ago.

It was actually an impomptu thing. My sister was havings 3 bridesmaids, and she was getting married in another state. One of the girls broke up with her boyfriend so said she wasn’t coming. The other girl was going to drive out with the first girl, and was scared to drive alone. So she was down to 1 bridesmaid (me), with a pink dress.

Her in-laws friends had used the same dress in a different color (forrest green). So we had 2 of those girls stand in.

Then the 2nd girl made it out on a Greyhound bus, so then she was up to 4 bridesmaids! 2 pink, 2 green. It was a “happy accident”, it looked great! It totally looked like we planned it that way!

Post # 15
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m also battling with this decision as well. I have two BM’s and one Maid/Matron of Honor. I wanted to put the Maid/Matron of Honor in another color but since its so few girls I’m not sure.

Judging by the pic posted I think it can work if the wedding is less formal.

Post # 16
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I was at a wedding where are four of the bridesmaids were in a different color (there were two shades of violet and two shades of rose) it was stunning.  She said she got the idea from theknot.com.  I’d be copying her idea only I have just two bridesmaids, so I don’t think it would have the same impact.  And I don’t want to add people just for a pretty color pallette!

The topic ‘4 Bridesmaids, 2 colors???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors