(Closed) 4 bridesmaids too many for 100 ppl

posted 9 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018 - Outdoor ceremony, banquet hall reception

No way! It’s your wedding, you should do what makes you happy! 🙂

We’re having approx. 100 people, and I’ve got four bridesmaids.

Post # 4
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

No, no Teeleaf… I think 4 is fine.  I don’t think it has to be in proportion to the size of your wedding.  One of my friends had 120 people, and 11… yes, 11 bridesmaids!  While I think that was a lot, I also don’t think there has to be a direct correlation between wedding size and wedding party size.

We’re having 150 people (no more please!) and 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen.  I think it will be fine.  You want your wonderful friends there supporting you!

Post # 5
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

I have 7 bridesmaid and about 100 guests.  Do whatever you want.  By The Way, 4 seems like the average anyways. 

Post # 6
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018 - The Grand Old House, Grand Cayman

No way!  Four is a really reasonable number, no matter how big your wedding is!  I am having 4 (3 Bridesmaid or Best Man and one Jr. BM) for my wedding, and we are having less than 100 guests.

Post # 7
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I am having two maids of honor and two bridesmaids for a 75 person wedding. I say four BMs is just fine!

Post # 9
2641 posts
Sugar bee

I agree. 

I think there is some sort of rule of thumb. (Like 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man for every 50 ppl.) But that is a guideline.  4 BMs for 100 ppl doesn’t seem weird at all.  The only thing that etiquette ladies really seem concerned with is having so many attendants that there are more people in the Bridal Party than sitting in the pews.

Post # 10
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

4 is perfect!!  We have 6 Bridesmaid or Best Man & 6 Groomsmen with about 130 invited.

Post # 11
5399 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

4 if perfectly fine!  If you have 4 wonderful ladies then you are lucky to have them by your side that day, there’s no actual rule that limits you, just do what makes you happy.

Post # 12
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

that’s the same as us

Post # 13
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I would say have 4, have 6! It is your wedding!  Whatever you wants goes!

Post # 14
123 posts
Blushing bee

We are planning for 75-80 people and three bridesmaids. I don’t think four is too many. Good Luck !

Post # 15
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I think 4 is perfect!  I had 4 with 122 guests.  🙂

Post # 16
Bee
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009 - City Hall

I was at one with about 75 guests, and she had 8 bridesmaids – it honestly didn’t seem weird at all. I remember being surprised at how many bridesmaids she had, but then I just thought it was great that she had so many close friends to include.

The topic ‘4 bridesmaids too many for 100 ppl’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors