(Closed) 4 bridesmaids too many for 100 ppl

posted 12 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 17
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I only wanted to have 4 maids for our 100-125 person ceremony, but then my FH’s best friend from high school (who he was only planning on asking to be an usher) got engaged and called to ask my FH to be his best man. FH didn’t want to hurt his feelings, so he asked the friend to be a groomsman, giving us 5.

I like symmetry, so I added one more maid who I’d wanted to include anyway but had cut to keep us at 4 on each side. I still wish we were just having 4 each, but it will be worth it to have people we love beside us on our wedding day. 🙂 

Post # 18
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2009

We’re inviting 70 and I’m having 6 bridesmaids. I fretted about it for a bit, thought it might look funny, then ultimately decided it wasn’t really going to harm anything! I say if you can afford the rehearsal dinner, and thank you gifts for a few extra people, it isn’t really hurting anything. I’m kind of throwing rules out the window a lot in my wedding planning, though…

Post # 19
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I don’t think it’s too many at all! I’m having 5 honor attendants for 75-80 guests, if that makes you feel any better 🙂

Post # 20
1091 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - Oakland Manor

My sister had 7 bridemaids and one bride man for a total of 8 attendants, me (her sister) our 5 cousins, her Maid/Matron of Honor and her best male friend. Did I mention her wedding was about 100 people… I think you can have as many as you want. 🙂

Post # 21
1423 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I have 5 maids and 1 man for (hopefully) a 100 person wedding (my fiance’s two sisters, my brother, and 3 friends).  Hopefully it doesn’t look like a bridal army!  I just got excited and wanted to include people.  I figure, it’s better to have a big party than to risk hurt feelings, and one of the few things my fiance wanted was to include certain people, so six on each side it shall be! 

Post # 22
25 posts
Newbee

No! All of the weddings I have been to have had at least 4 bridesmaids regardless of size. My wedding is double the size of yours and I have 9 bridesmaids. Good luck!

Post # 23
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I think 4 is perfect.  I had 3 bridesmaids with only 30 guests.

Post # 24
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

Ditto here to everyone – we are having 100 people and have four bridesmaids.  I  would have had 5 but one couldn’t do it at the time I was asking.  So, definitely ok!  In my opinion, you should have as many as you would like to support you there.

Post # 25
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - Coyaba Resort, Montego Bay

I don’t think their is any set bridesmaid:guest ratio – do whatever you want!  I’d say 25% of our guests are my bridesmaids  and I could care less!

Post # 26
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

its your wedding you should have as many as you want! I am having 6 bridesmaids and my fiancee is haveing 15 groomsmen!! for our 400 people wedding.

Post # 27
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Exactly! Your bridesmaids are who you feel are the closest to you, if you have 1 or 6 shouldn’t matter on the # of guests.  We’ll have 95 guests, I have 5 BMs and here’s my dilemna, my fiance will only have 3 groomsmen.  How’s that for weird?? I can’t cut any of my girls and we don’t want him to just ask whoever just so we are even.  When it’s your wedding, anything goes!

Post # 28
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2020

heck no!  It’s your wedding and should reflect your style and friends.  Have as many as you would like!

The topic ‘4 bridesmaids too many for 100 ppl’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors