No : (45 votes)
    18 %
    Yes : (212 votes)
    82 %
  • Post # 31
    585 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I think that is going to be very difficult to wear on a daily basis.

Post # 34
    2580 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I like the size and I think if you can pull it off and it goes with your style, then go for it! 

Post # 35
    1356 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    arielle1:  Thank you!!!! Good luck with your decision!!!

Post # 37
    30 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: January 2016

I concur with the Bees: It’s too much hun :/ Maybe something a bit smaller and another stone would be a better option. 

My e-ring is a real diamond, is less than .5, but that’s what my fiancee could afford and Im happy with it. 

I love big stones, but not fake ones. Sometimes big fake stones looks very tacky. 

Post # 38
    96 posts
    Worker bee

But what you love!  You will be wearing it for the rest of your life!  I don’t understand why some believe it would be tacky to wear a 4 carat sim, but not a 4 carat diamond??  

Post # 39
    1015 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    arielle1:  you were wondering what my 4 carat canary cz looks like so here it is! 🙂

Size 5.5 finger

Post # 40
    777 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

For me it is a little too much for everyday wear. I just feel like it would get in the way of a lot of things and draw unnecessary attention as other bees have stated BUT if you like it and you’re comfy with it so what makes you happy. Good luck and congrats! 

Post # 41
    777 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    arielle1:  
    View original reply
    luckyladylaterinlife35:  real fake or others wise it’s just the size of the stone. I love non-diamond stones and think they are wise decisions, esp Amora and moissy, weddings are expensive enough as is. So as I stated abobe its just too big for me for everyday wear but you have to determine that for yourself. 

Post # 42
    6854 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 1997

It would seem that if you do a lot of volunteer work where a ring this large would not be appropriate, then you would need a smaller ring for everyday wear. I love bling as much as the next person, but it seems impractical to buy an over-the-top sim that wouldn’t even fit with your lifestyle. 

And you don’t mention whether you would want others to think it is a diamond or not, but the only places I’ve seen rings in this size neighborhood is in the DFW or NYC area, and even then I more commonly see 2-3.5 ct stones. A ring this size just screams to be noticed, especially in areas where celebrity size stones are uncommon. As long as you are happy with the looks and questions, then go for it. But people certainly will talk.

Post # 43
    2699 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

I think it depends totally on you. I have a halo 3ct center TCW about 6. Wedding band is another 4…lol I wear it in jeans and a t shirt to the movies…so what…I love it! As long as you’re happy with it that’s all that matters! 

Post # 44
    1569 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    arielle1:  I personally wouldn’t go that large, especially as a volunteer, but it’s not obscene. 

Here is the story of a guy who got his Fiance a 4ct ring on a size 4ish finger. He has photos of her hand on the later pages. 

Another man with a call for help

Since you’re now looking at moissy, I’ll include a photo of mine! It’s a 9mm (2.5-3 cts depending on who you ask) on a size 10 finger. It is quite large, even on such a big finger.  Also it’s true that larger moissy shows color. I like it, but if you want colorless then amora gem might be the way to go for you. Although I hear they are working on developing a colorless moissy!

Post # 45
    890 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    arielle1:  If you and Fiance like it, that’s all that matters – rock it! I have a 4.45 carat diamond, it fits my lifestyle and I wear it everyday – working out, traveling, etc.  My jeweler and insurer recommend that the less I take it off the less likely it is to get lost so I barely think about it.  My finger is a size 5 1/4.  I don’t care if people thinks it’s gaudy or tacky or fake, it was a gift and the symbolism behind it is what counts to me and my Darling Husband.  We already were home owners, have investments, retirement, charities, etc.  It’s just a piece of jewelery – get what you and your Fiance want and enjoy it.  Best wishes!

The topic ‘4 carat 10 mm low profile 4 prong round solitaire’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors