(Closed) 4 days engaged, he's calling it off over a Facebook fight?

posted 4 years ago in Engagement
Post # 2
9526 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Sweetheart, with love and kindness, you both sound far too immature to make a life long commitment to anybody. 

Post # 3
308 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

Have to agree with above poster.  

Post # 4
96 posts
Worker bee

He is acting immature but so are you. Unfriending your fiance on Facebook over an argument is not the correct way to deal with the situation. How old are you two?

Post # 5
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

You are right to be questioning yourself about this, I think you already have your answer. Also, who follows 300 people that they probably don’t actually know anyway? That’s immature as well as the reaction.

Post # 8
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

No, you do not want to be with someone who behaves that way.

Post # 9
7642 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

msfrost89 :  Well you’ve got to sort out that issue before you get engaged. But it sounds like he’s very stubborn and he’s not going to change. So you’ve got to ask yourself: are you happy spending the rest of your life with a guy who keeps tabs on lots of young hot girls in your city?

Post # 10
96 posts
Worker bee

msfrost89 :  

He’s too old to be acting that way. If you two work it out, it may be a good idea to talk to each other about what behavior is acceptable and what isn’t so that you can hopefully avoid blowups like this in the future. I can see why you are upset about him following girls and I can also see why he would be upset that you’ve unfriended him but I think you both should communicate to each other why that behavior is not acceptable 

Post # 11
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

msfrost89 :  So he’s a 36 yr old man who’s keeping tabs on what he thinks are his back up options and thinks blowing off an engagement by text is appropriate? Nope. 

Post # 12
1104 posts
Bumble bee

msfrost89 :  The simple answer is: NO, you do NOT want to marry the kind of person who will leave you over a social media spat. But even more than that, you don’t want to marry a guy who needs to follow random girls on social media!!! The fact is it doesn’t matter if they’re famous models and actresses or random hot girls who live near him, that’s not what normal respectable guys do when they’re in love with someone.

Sure, single teenage and early 20s guys follow sexy ladies on instagram and facebook and whatever, but that’s normal, they’re exploring their sexual side for the first time just like girls do, and that’s fine. When I was a single girl in my teens and early 20s I had lots of guy friends who I was sort of into, or saw potential in, and I messaged them and kept up with them on social media, texted, etc. Do I do that now that I’m 29 and married? Absolutely not! And it’s not because I feel like I can’t, it’s because I don’t want to! My guy gives me everything I need in that department, so why would I need to stare at random pics of some dude with a 6-pack? 

Your guy is closer to 40 than 20 and he’s following random girls online like he’s a horny teenager! If this is how he is at 36 I would go ahead and assume this is how he’s always going to be. If you being upset hasn’t changed his behaviour, then what he’s telling you is that his desire to be friends with random sexy girls is more important to him than your relationship. Period. I don’t even know you, but you can do better. 

Post # 13
1336 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Painswick Church and the Falcon Hotel

It doesn’t sound like either of you are anywhere near ready for marriage, plus why would you want to marry someone who behaves like that? 

Post # 14
217 posts
Helper bee

How old are you!?!

Post # 15
742 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Shocked at your ages! I would have thought you were teenagers from the way you spoke. 😨

The topic ‘4 days engaged, he's calling it off over a Facebook fight?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors